We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels downtown, traveling with infant

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
hotels downtown, traveling with infant

Hello there,

My wife and I are traveling with our 4 month old, spending two nights in Manchester this week to see an ill relative at a nursing home. I have two questions:

1. Is there a hotel downtown you'd recommend, that has shops/restaurants within walking distance?

2. If we stayed near the airport, which is better - Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta? For the dates we're looking, they seem fairly close in price.

Thank you!

NH
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels downtown, traveling with infant

The Radisson is on the main street in Manchester..."Elm St." ...Parking garage and easy walking to many restaurants, cafes and small eateries.

I would not care for the locations of the other hotel choices you are considering. All sit sort of alone (no restaurants to walk to) on very busy streets. The Holiday has a great diner, however.

If you wanted to stay closer to the airport and mall, I have stayed at the Sheraton Four Points (John Devine Ave.) which has a restaurant. There is fast food nearby and the location is quieter than the hotels you have listed.

The Hampton Inn is also close to the airport and as I recall, within a half mile of the mall in one direction and the Olive Garden and a few other good restaurants in the other direction.

I hope this helps. I do know the area pretty well so if you have specific questions, I'm happy to help.

NH
Level Contributor
472 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels downtown, traveling with infant

The la Quinta is next to amoskeag fish ways and....that's it. Not a great location. The fishways often have family events but an infant will be too young to care.

There are some extended stay type places near the airport....I'd need to look up the names for you, but with an infant it can be nice to have more room.

Visit republic for a nice meal.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 11:30
NH
Level Contributor
472 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels downtown, traveling with infant

Okay' I looked them up. I'd pick homewood suites with a baby. If you want to stick with the ones in your post, I'd go with holiday express or la Quinta. Having breakfast included is a big plus with a baby....one less place to lug them to. And since you are just here to visit family and not to tour, location isn't as important.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels downtown, traveling with infant

Thank you so much for your advice!

5. Re: hotels downtown, traveling with infant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 06:15