We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice clean place to stay on lake winnipesaukee july weekend

Which Meredith hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
nice clean place to stay on lake winnipesaukee july weekend

up for a camp visit weekend of july 21st. The inns at mills fall are always booked and are a little expensive. in past years it has been one dump after another. First the matterhorn, then the margate, and then the vwtoa timeshares. they were all rundown. is there anything decent that is clean and comfortable that does not require a 3 night minimum. between weirs beach and centre harbour would be ideal. any help appreciated.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice clean place to stay on lake winnipesaukee july weekend

I don't know what you'd think of B'Mae's Resort but I've stayed here a few times when my nieces were really young. It was clean, it's convenient and it's reasonable. It's right across the street from a really good tavern for lunch or dinner. They have a really nice pool:

www.bmaesresort.com

If you wanted to stay about 15 minutes away then another place I've stayed at and really liked is the Inn on Golden Pond. It's located at 1080 US Rte 3 in Holderness, NH. Not too far from the big Lake at all.

Right on the big Lake is the Lakeshore Motel & Cottages that are really nice looking. I have no idea whether it's 3 night minimum or not though. You'd have to find that part out, here's their site so you can see what you think about it:

www.lakeshiremotelandcottages.com

The Inns at Mills Fall are always booked, you're right. It's the nicest place to be! There's a Motel right on the water in Meredith, but I can't think of the name of it. I think it might be the Lakeshire Motel. Ask if they're right on the lake in Meredith. If it is this same place? They're really nice. It's not too far from the Inns at Mills Fall at all, you could just walk over to them from here I bet.

Good luck! You're right the ones you mentioned are getting a tad run down these days! I never really liked Weirs, we just go there for the day, that's about it. I wouldn't think to stay there at all.

The Manor on Golden Pond looks really nice too, so check that part of this area out. Like I said, Holderness isn't far from the big Lake at all, may be 15 minutes, if that. Think outside the box!

Have a great time and keep us posted on what you found!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice clean place to stay on lake winnipesaukee july weekend

Sorry it's a typo, I just saw it. It's the LAKESHORE MOTEL and COTTAGES not Lakeshire!

I have a feeling in my previous post, it's one and the same with the place I was thinking about....so check it out to see what you think:

www.lakeshoremotelandcottages.com

Boston...
Level Contributor
167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice clean place to stay on lake winnipesaukee july weekend

Silver Sands on Rt 11B... about 3 miles fron Weirs Beach. Has a great small beach, a few cottages, some housekeeping rooms, and a pool. I have always found it to be in good conditions. Almost next door is Misty Harbor, also a nice play to stay. Enjoy your visit to the Lake.

Jackson, NH
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nice clean place to stay on lake winnipesaukee july weekend

Our family was very happy with our choice of Bay Top Motel in Wiers for a last minute weekend getaway this past August keep in mind this is not the Ritz, but for a older property it was very clean, well maintained (new queen mattresses, carpets, wall paper, a small yet very clean pool and hot tub, and beautifly maintained grounds and gardens). The owner and his son could not have been nicer and best of all the price was very resonable.

5. Re: nice clean place to stay on lake winnipesaukee july weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Meredith
More Meredith Topics