We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for 1 night - large room(s) with a view?

Michigan
Level Contributor
725 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for 1 night - large room(s) with a view?

Hi -

We're planning on stopping overnight in the Mt Washington area in August on our way from Vermont to Maine. I was hoping to stay at a hotel that has large rooms (or suites) so we can have some space to stretch out. We have two teens who get along well, but we'll be spending a lot of time in the car during our trip, so I want to give them some space in the evenings. I don't mind paying a bit extra for it. (We'd like something in the $200-$300 range if possible.)

Thanks,

Dave

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for 1 night - large room(s) with a view?

does it have to be a good view? are you talking about on the Lincoln side (west side) or NC (east side). In NC, there is the residence inn which has suites but don't think it has a view of MW although some rooms should look toward the Moats.

In Lincoln, the Mittersill Alpine Inn does rent some suites as a hotel although it is a timeshare. Otherwise, I would suggest checking out the lodging pages as I don't have a lot of experience with the hotels as we always rent a condo.

Michigan
Level Contributor
725 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for 1 night - large room(s) with a view?

Having a view is not a huge priority. I also prefer renting condos, etc., but I didn't think we'd be able to find a place for one night.

I'll keep looking around, but any more advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for 1 night - large room(s) with a view?

Here's a web site that might help

http://www.northconwayrentals.com/

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for 1 night - large room(s) with a view?

Good suggestions from Neslaw. Another consideration is that many hotels/motels will have the option of adjoining rooms. Not quite a suite, but a way for the teens to get away from the rents and have some space to stretch out.

I am dubious about a one night condo rental in the White Mountains in August, but you never know. Chances might be better if you are there mid week. But still, I am guessing that most places want a weekly renter, or multi day, at minimum.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for 1 night - large room(s) with a view?

Have you tried Attitash Mountain Village http://www.attitash.com/summer.html

6. Re: Hotel for 1 night - large room(s) with a view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Mount Washington