We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?

I’m coming from Weymouth, MA for the day with my family and we would love to see fall foliage. Can you recommend a place in the area?

Thanks, Scott

9 replies to this topic
Peterborough, NH
Level Contributor
565 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?

When are you coming (late September, early October, late October)?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?

The middle of Oct.

Than you,

S

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?

Drive north on I-93 until the foliage along the highway is looking pretty good. Then get off and drive the two lane roads heading west. Turn around when it is time to go home.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?

Is Mine Falls Park a good place to go and walk around?

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?

I don't know Mine Falls Park specifically. I know some of the public (schools) and commercial spaces that border the park. I Google mapped it, and it looks like a lovely greenway bordering the Nashua River. Google also showed some pictures people have posted of the park and it looks quite lovely. There shouls be at least some nice foliage at that time, and it should be a nice place to see it.

Generally speaking, mid-October foliage tends to be full in the southwest part of the state. It is past peak up north, and the southeast and coast are moving toward peak. Nashua is a city. The park will afford some lovely foliage. But if you want to get more of NH Foliage experience, you might want to expand into the coutryside beyond Nashua.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?

Thanks for your advice.

Lowell...
Level Contributor
17 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?

Mines Falls is beautiful. There's a parking lot for it right at the end of Coliseum Ave (Route 3N to Broad Street/Rt 130W, right on Coliseum)

Brookline, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?

I walk and run Mines Falls regularly. It's a great place to walk, lots of people bring their dogs and kids out for a few hours there. However, it's not exactly "fall foliage" viewing, if you're just coming from MA. You really need to go out to maybe Peterborough in mid to late October to really enjoy it!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?

Regarding Tabitha's directions, that would be a left turn on Coliseum Ave., not right.

This is perhaps not the sort of foliage viewing the OP had in mind, but if you drive east on Broad Street, it dead-ends (or more accurately, merges into) Amherst Street. On the opposite side of Amherst Street at that spot is a large cemetery that has, every autumn, a number of maple trees that offer an impressive foliage display to the approaching driver. Although I've never done so, I don't know of any reason that one couldn't park and take a walk through that cemetery.

Reply to: Any specific place to see fall foliage in Nashua?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nashua