We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help!! hotel/B&B any suggestions?

Which North Conway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ma
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help!! hotel/B&B any suggestions?

We are looking for a Polar express package and most places have them. We are a family of 5 any sugestions on where to stay? Is the dome car seating worth it? The Old Field House has dome car tickets with their package, but is it nice there? Also looking at Nereledge Inn, Luxary Mountain Getaways, Stonehurst Manor and the Inn at Crystal Lake. Kids are 10, 6, 3. We need activities...nice dinners for my husband and I probably aren't in the cards, however I do like nice accommodations. I want to do a bit of shopping and possibly cut a tree down. I've never been up to North Conway, so any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!!

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
112 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help!! hotel/B&B any suggestions?

I have a few posts here that list restaurants - if you want more ideas for kid friendly places let me know.

I have eaten at the Stonehurst Manor and the hotel looks very nice. Not sure if any of the hotels in Jackson that I list in my other posts do Polar Express tickets but if they do it is worth it to stay in Jackson. It's a very cute, quaint NE Town a few miles from North Conway.

The Polar Express is awesome. I really felt like we were at the North Pole (and I was 40 when we finally got tickets).

There are lots of activities in the area - not sure where yu can cut down trees though.

Nestlenook (in Jackson) has ice skating on a frozen pond, horsedrawn sleigh rides & snowshoeing.

Lots of skiing (Cranmore is affordable and family friendly).

Tubing - we like King Pine best as they limit the number of participants (you have to call ahead to book a 2 hour time slot). Cranmore also has tubing.

Attitash/Bear Peak also has good skiing.

There is cross country skiing in Jackson (and other spots in the Valley).

Santa's Village (about an hour drive North) opens on weekends a few weeks before Christmas. It is clean & inexpensive. The kids will love it.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have specific questions. I have a townhouse up there and have been up there most weekends since I was a kid so I can probably answer most of your questions. If not I have a few friends who are full time residents that would be willing to help.

-Linda

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help!! hotel/B&B any suggestions?

I've stayed at a few places in the area but the only one that you listed is The Inn at Crystal Lake. It is a beautiful place but a little "don't touchish" for little kids. Lots of stuff in the sitting area that my little one was attracted by but were breakable. The Polar Express is amazing. Regardless where you stay, it will be a wonderful trip.

ma
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help!! hotel/B&B any suggestions?

Thanks so much for your input. Is the Polar Express the same in Lincoln as in North Conway. The Mountain View Grand hotel has a great priced package with 5 tickets. It leaves out of Lincoln, not North Conway.

Thanks Bobbi

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help!! hotel/B&B any suggestions?

My understanding is that both trains go to the same "North pole" and are organized by the same people. Just two different trains with different routes. I would double check with the hotel. Call and ask how they differ from the North Conway train. I'll ask when I'm up there in October but you'll have wanted to make your plans well before that time. Have a great time!

5. Re: Please Help!! hotel/B&B any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 06:18