We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When will Kahuna Laguna open?

easthampton, ma
Level Contributor
11 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
When will Kahuna Laguna open?

A group of us plan to go to North Conway with the kids because of the indoor waterpark opening at the Red Jacket Resort. Only one of us skiis and he will do that each day while the rest of us are at the park. I personally can't justify a 3 hour ride with kids if there's nothing to do. Maybe in the summer we could enjoy the outdoors but be real - January with 3 year olds!!! So don't pick on the waterpark crowd. They are your bread and butter and this is a booming industry now for resort development.

Does anyone know when the waterpark will really open? They are posting a date of January 15th but I have too wonder. Our plans are to go the 19-21st.

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When will Kahuna Laguna open?

There was a fire there recently, so I am guessing that will slow things down a bit.

http://www.wmur.com/news/14947505/detail.html

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When will Kahuna Laguna open?

The Hampton Inn and Suites in N. Conway also has a water park.

North Conway NH
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When will Kahuna Laguna open?

Hmmm hard to say, I drove up and through there a day after the fire, no damage SHOWING, but the building is still not closed in on about 1/3 of it, just a steel shell and some support infrastructure, I seriously doubt they will be open for MLK weekend, I'd be checking your cancel policy and be in contact with the property the last possible day to cancel to ensure it is going to be open. Also you may wish to enquire about the rate as there is a rumor circling the town that on top of the increased room rates, they will be charging to use the waterpark, when it opens....

connecticut
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When will Kahuna Laguna open?

they are planning on opening on jan 31st but i was up there today and i seriously doubt it. maybe mid february. and by the way, the hampton inn does not have a waterpark, they have a waterslide.

North Conway NH
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When will Kahuna Laguna open?

I agree with Rachel's post, I too have seen the water park w/in the last 24hrs, and serously doubt it will be open for Jan 31, the begining of Feb 08 seems right on target, definitely before vacation week.

North Conway NH
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When will Kahuna Laguna open?

I agree with Rachel's post, I too have seen the water park w/in the last 24hrs, and serously doubt it will be open for Jan 31, the begining of Feb 08 seems right on target, definitely before vacation week.

Conway, NH
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: When will Kahuna Laguna open?

They are opening this Friday, February 8th.

North Conway NH
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When will Kahuna Laguna open?

Wafleman, and others,

May I direct your attention to the front page of todays (2/8/8) Conway Daily Sun, the local newspaper in the North Conway area, which has a large article that states that the Town of Conway has denied the Red Jacket an occupancy permit for the new water park and it could be weeks until it opens, with no opening date announced as of yet.

easthampton, ma
Level Contributor
11 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When will Kahuna Laguna open?

Wow! That looks like a major screw up on someones part. I wonder how much they'll be charging to get the lost business $$ back.

Peterborough, NH
Level Contributor
556 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When will Kahuna Laguna open?

I saw an article in the Union Leader about the "extra" building not on the approved plans. Hard to believe it is a mere oversight.

Get answers to your questions about North Conway