We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need lodging advice for North Conway in summer

Which North Conway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Okemos, Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Need lodging advice for North Conway in summer

Looking for info on lodging in or near North Conway, NH. It will just be the two of us, (active 50-60 somethings!) We will be there Monday through Friday the first or second week of August. I have read the tripadvisor reveiws, but I can't get a good feel for some of the items below.

Here is our wish list, not sure we can get all of it for the price we want to pay:

Hotel, suite or one bedroom condo.

Clean, comfortable, modern. A bit of upscale decor would be nice.

Has at least a fridge, mini-kitchen would be nice

Has an outdoor swimming pool

Walking distace to at least some shops and restaurants

Patio or balcony would be great

A nice view, doesn't have to be spectacular.

We hope to pay about $150 per night (or less!) I know we're probably dreaming, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask! If you have vacationed in this area, let me know what you would recommend. Thanks!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need lodging advice for North Conway in summer

Dear glacial_erratic:

You have a wish list of things that are standard in rooms at the Golden Gables Inn, with the except of a mini-kitchen. www.goldengablesinn.com. Their rooms have small fridges. The decor is nice, with lcd tvs, newly renovated bathrooms, and each room has a litle balcony. We love it. If you need something with a minikitchen, you are probably look at a condo - there are plenty of those, not always within walking distance of shops, etc. The Green Granite Hotel offers a choice of rooms, some with small kitchens too. If you want to forego the kitchen facilities totally, the North Conway Grand Hotel is adjacent to Settlers Green

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need lodging advice for North Conway in summer

I loved the Green Granite but not anymore. I stayed there year after year but the place is tired. It needs some serious renovations. I hear the Golden Gables inn is really nice and reasonable. www.goldengablesinn.com

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,745 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need lodging advice for North Conway in summer

You might try the new Marriott Residence Inn. They have a nice hot breakfast and suites and are close to shopping and restaurants. We stayed there last October about 3 weeks after they had opened. They do not have balconies but everything else on your list. They offer senior discounts and AAA discounts and rates are usually between $140-$150 per night. They also offer meals at night on Monday-Thursday nights.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,672 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need lodging advice for North Conway in summer

May turn out to be more expensive than what you're looking for....but worth a phone call.... Check out The Suites at Eastern Slope Inn.... (not the Eastern Slope Inn, but the Suites at Eastern Slope Inn....they're two different resorts on the same property). The Suites operation is basically a timeshare, but they do rent out units that timeshare owners aren't using. I think the only one of your criteria that they may have a problem with is the outdoor pool.... Other than that, they're immediately adjacent to the North Conway village area (shops, restaurants, etc); the units all have apartment side fridges and cooking capabilities; most have balconies with a nice view of Cathedral Ledge or the Moat Mountains. Ask specifically about something in the Whittaker Building or Carriage House building.

5. Re: Need lodging advice for North Conway in summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2010, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about North Conway