We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's me again! - we're thinking of coming back

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
It's me again! - we're thinking of coming back

Hi everyone,

I last used this site over two years ago and got great help and advice about our trip to North Conway. Anyway we're thinking of coming back again around 20th Feb. 2011 and I need help with the following questions: 1. I think this time is the US spring break, so will NC be full of partying teenagers ( I only have teen movies to go on for this thought and it doesnt appeal) and

2. I want to be able to walk to the outlets but the NC Grand are charging exhorbitant prices for these dates, so can you tell me if there is another hotel within walking distance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
North Conway
North Conway
Conway, NH
Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's me again! - we're thinking of coming back

I can't comment on where to stay in NC -- others can help with that. But the week starting the 20th is school vacation week and a very busy time at ski area (North Conway has a ski area). If you have the option of coming the week prior you will likely find lower rates and certainly fewer crowds. The crowds start the friday before your week. And to be more accurate -- it's vacation week in Massachusetts. The next week is New Hampshire school vacation - it's not nearly as crazy, but still, the week before will be best. And the teens are really out partying -- but there are lots of families competing for the same resources.

Mentioned in this post
North Conway
North Conway
Conway, NH
Massachusetts
Massachusetts
United States
New Hampshire
New Hampshire
United States
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's me again! - we're thinking of coming back

Hey, I remember you. Thought you were from Dundalk, MD.

The teenager issue is one of those impossible to answer questions. The drinking age is 21. Could there be kids drinking sure. Is it usually an issue? No, but all it takes is one group to spoil a night if they are outrageously obnoxious. It would stop me at all from going if that fit my plans. There is a Marriott Residence Inn and also a comfort inn, I think which should be walking distance.

Here is an interactive map link …yahoo.com/p-map-477564-map_of_north_conway_…

I did not see the golden gables inn which may also fit your needs and gets great reviews. www.goldengablesinn.com/north-conway-area.php

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,897 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's me again! - we're thinking of coming back

Not sure how you define "walking distance", but both the Marriott and Comfort Inn recommended by Neslaw are about three-quarters of a mile walk from Settler's Green....

A closer choice might be the Green Granite Inn and Conference Center, immediately adjacent to the access road to Settler's Green as you turn off Rt 302/16 (the major roadway through North Conway). Have to admit I've never stayed there, but you could click on the "North Conway Hotels" tab in the upper left corner of this screen and check the reviews -- at a quick glance, at least a couple of them seem favorable. Might not be quite as quiet as the NC Grand because it's closer to the road, but definitely would be a shorter walk than either the Marriott or Comfort.

Mentioned in this post
North Conway
North Conway
Conway, NH
Green Granite Inn & Conference Center
Green Granite Inn...
665 Reviews
North Conway, NH
N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's me again! - we're thinking of coming back

All I can say is good luck. I tried last week to book the very same week you're going at all the major hotels plus Golden Gables and they are all sold out. I was looking for a room with two queen beds. The only thing I did find was the Holiday Inn Express for almost 250.00 a night. I am not paying that for the Holiday Inn. I've decided to head to western Mass this year.

As far as teen agers go I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's mostly families and after a long day skiing most people just chill out at the hotel pool.

Edited: 23 October 2010, 21:05
Mentioned in this post
Golden Gables Inn
Golden Gables Inn
589 Reviews
North Conway, NH
Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It's me again! - we're thinking of coming back

Thanks everyone for your replies - Neslaw I'm glad to see you're still around. Yes, I've had a look at the hotels and most of them are booked up for that week and the rest are too expensive. I saw cheap flights and I thought we could get a reasonably priced holiday. I'm going to have to re-think my plans.

Once again thanks for the prompt replies.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: It's me again! - we're thinking of coming back

Maybe if you broaden your search to include Lincoln, NH (Loon) or the other NH, Vt or ME mountains. Good luck!!

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
White Mountains, NH
7. Re: It's me again! - we're thinking of coming back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about North Conway