We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurant?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
224 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Nice restaurant?

Hi Gang.

Hitting North Conway again in the very near future... quick question - can anyone recommend a nice restaurant to send my parents and in-laws to? Average age 70.

I have heard people mention 1785 Inn?... but have never been there.

I have eaten at Stonehurst, and it is okay - definitely they would fit in there, as I think the average age of those eating there is at least 70. and the decor is from the antique age too - but the food was quite good.

Bellini's - I will pass on. My experience there was not good. Brutally slow service - over-priced Italian food - won't likely make a return visit there, ever.

Any other ideas? I would love to hear opinions from those in the know. Could even include Jackson area if something is recommended up there.

Thanks in advance.

Denny

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurant?

Denny,

1785 is a great place to relax and have an outstanding meal. if you decide on Jackson, then I would make reservations at the Inn at Thorn Hill or Wentworth. Of course, if you're looking for a casual place with good quality food then the Red Parka is always available.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurant?

Another place I thought of is White Mtn Cider Co in Glen although it is $$$.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,716 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurant?

For that age group, you can't go wrong at the 1785.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,620 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice restaurant?

We really enjoyed the Thompson House Eatery in Jackson. We had great food and excellent service.

I would not recommend the Red Parka. The salad bar was good but the steaks were not. We were very disappointed.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,706 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice restaurant?

My top three would be 1785 Inn, Thompson House Eatery and Darby Fields.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
224 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice restaurant?

Thanks for the suggestions. I had never heard of Darby Fields before...

Cheers

Oxford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
118 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice restaurant?

We liked the White Mountain Hotel & Resort. Bit of a hidden location I suppose, we had driven past the sign a hundred times before but never tried it until last year. Food was very good, setting was quite nice too. http://www.whitemountainhotel.com/

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice restaurant?

I wholeheartedly second the Wentworth in Jackson. You will not be disappointed in the meal or the service.

NH
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice restaurant?

For your parents,and anyone enjoying good food,I'd recomend the Bernerhof (sp?) restaurant north of N Conway en route to Attitash ski area.

Fine food,good service,priced accordingly,but you get what you pay for.

Red parka is pub grub style. Loud,busy,families,groups. Fun bar scene for the 20 and 30 somethings.

1785 House is overated and overpriced in my opinion,but many enjoy it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
8 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice restaurant?

My family goes to the No. Conway area often. A few years ago my husband and I went to the Bernerhof Inn on Rte. 302 in Glen NH. It was a delicious meal, nice atmosphere, but not a very extensive menu.