We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere special for my birthday

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
405 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere special for my birthday

We will be road tripping around the New England and will be staying in North Conway (Golden Gables Inn) for my birthday (October 30).

Can anyone suggest somewhere special for a birthday lunch or dinner? Special doesn't have to mean expensive (but it can!) ... just looking for somewhere that will leave good memories.

Also, this will be my first Halloween ... will there be anything special going on?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,198 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere special for my birthday

check out mount washington chamber of commerce and visitnh.gov for special things to do.

Restaurants- Mount Washington Hotel.

little closer t NC-

www.jacksonnh.com/dining-in-jackson-nh/

Inn at Thorn Hill, 1785 House, Thompson, Wildcat Inn, and others could all make for a special meal.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,732 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere special for my birthday

Darby Fields, Thompson House Eatery or 1785 Inn. All have excellent food and a unique dining experience.

There will probably be a ghost event at Cranmore Mountain. It has become a regular thing. Also, take a day to tour the Pumpkin People in Jackson and Glen.

Edited: 13 August 2012, 20:16
Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere special for my birthday

For relaxed dining, great Bar BQ and excellent locally brewed beer, try Moat Mountain Smokehouse and Brewery. Other than that, neslaw and RedRox definitely know the restaurants up there. I am sure theirs are great recommendations. I will need to visit those places myself, sometime soon, too.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,198 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere special for my birthday

Must 'fess that have not been to the fancy restaurant MWH. Never bring a jacket with me but by reputation believe it is quite nice. But I do always stop and have a drink on the veranda and mingle with the hoi polloi. :-)

5. Re: Somewhere special for my birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about North Conway