We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend getaway to North Conway

Suffolk, VA
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend getaway to North Conway

My wife and I are heading to North Conway for a long weekend in early October. It will be the first time in over 3 years we will be without our kids. Besides a wedding on the Saturday evening, we have nothing planned. We will have a car and definitely looking for good places to eat, definitely not any chains or anything like that. Thanks for any help!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend getaway to North Conway

I sure hope you have reservations made at your lodging already. Busy time of year with leaf peepers, etc.

Good places to eat....likes/dislikes? Budget?

Check out the restaurant reviews and you will see a great variety to choose from. May Kelly's Irish Pub to Thai, Horsefeathers, Lobster Trap....you name it

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend getaway to North Conway

Not many "chains" in the area. There are many very good places to eat that I find it hard to pick one which is in your favor. As KC stated it's what appeals to you.

Suffolk, VA
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend getaway to North Conway

We do already have reservations. We would prefer local hole in the wall type places to eat, nothing too fancy since we will be at the wedding on Saturday but we are open to any really good food.

Are there any must see attractions in the area, I think we are trying to take a moose tour.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend getaway to North Conway

Several of the locally-owned-and-operated restaurants in the North Conway-Mount-Washignton-Valley area have begun a cooperative effort to identify long-standing, "local" restaurants and promote them to visitors to the area.

Check out

http://thevalleyoriginals.com/ f

or a list of the locally-owned places and use the links to their websites to find ones that interest you... then if you have any questions about individual properties, we can try to help. But to ask us for a list without giving us some hint of what kind(s) of food you might be looking for leaves us with lots of possible places to recommend and no meaningful way to sort them out. We've been going to North Conway for years and one of our biggest debates every time we go is over which restaurants we can get to this time with the amount of time we have... as the old saying goes: "so many restaurants -- so little time"....

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,130 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend getaway to North Conway

Try the 302 Smokehouse in Fryeburg. Good moderate priced food favored by locals. The owner has been part of the North Conway restaurant world for decades.

For something more upscale we still love Thompson House Eatery in Jackson.

For breakfast it's Priscilla's or Peaches in North Conway, or Yesterday's in Jackson.

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
404 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend getaway to North Conway

That is a wonderful link MarinerOnTheGo! I have just spent way too long in front of the computer checking out the dining options.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekend getaway to North Conway

julnol -- If it helps you narrow your search, and their menu appeals to you, would totally agree with RedRox re 302 Smokehouse in Fryeburg... It's 10-11 miles from downtown North Conway, but the drive is definitely worth it....

RedRox -- Owner of the Smokehouse used to be a Red Parka in Glen, right?

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
404 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekend getaway to North Conway

Just happen to be having my birthday when when we are in North Conway ... and after much online research on your link (and a bit of lip-licking!!)... I had already picked out the 302 Smokehouse and bookmarked it! Yea!!! Thanks for the thumbs up!

And another coincidence ... the Trip Advisor selections for where I live will only allow me Coffs Harbour ... but we actually live in a much smaller dot on the map ... Red Rock. So thanks RedRox and Mariner ... and apologies brennsdad for jumping in on your posting.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,130 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekend getaway to North Conway

Yes John, you are correct about the Red Parka link.

10. Re: Weekend getaway to North Conway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about North Conway