We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you think of this itinerary?

washington,dc
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
What do you think of this itinerary?

After arriving in North Conway late in afternoon on 8/29, we will have one full day there (8/30) and half a day (8/31) before driving to Bar Harbor. My current plan is to see the sites in the immediate area of NC (Cathedral Ledge, Diana's Baths, Echo Lake, perhaps the village of Jackson) on 8/29; to drive through Pinkham Notch, stopping at the Glen Ellis Falls and hiking the Square Hedge, Lost Pond trail on the morning on 8/31 (I know, I know - no drive to the top of Mt. Washington) before continuing on to the Maine coast.

On the full day I would like to do the following, but am concerned it may be too much: drive route 302, doing the Arathusa Falls and Mt. Willard hikes; stopping at the Omni Mt. Washington Hotel for a look around and perhaps lunch; continuing on to Franconia Notch State Park for the walk to the Flume Gorge; return to North Conway via the Kancamaugus Highway stopping a various points along the way.

Any suggestions, advice? Could we better spend our time?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you think of this itinerary?

Sorry no one answered and I was away- could you let us know how you did?

2. Re: What do you think of this itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 05:18