We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Red Jacket Mountain View Resort

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Red Jacket Mountain View Resort

I've never visited New Hampshire before, but would love to. I may be travelling with a family of 8 sometime early next year Feb-Mar. Has anyone stayed at the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in the presidential homes before? When is a decent time to visit?

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Red Jacket Mountain View Resort

What is it that you're interested in doing - seeing at that time of the year?

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Red Jacket Mountain View Resort

I'm not quite sure yet, but I most likely would have a rental to visit a few sites and tour the city with my family. Just need a rough idea of when's a decent time to do all that

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Red Jacket Mountain View Resort

Unless you're a skier or a maple syrup fanatic, February-March is generally considered the least desirable time to visit northern New England. But any time is "decent" as long as you know what to expect and are willing to deal with it. Expect cold, probably wet conditions.

One note: You refer to touring the "city." You would have to travel at least a couple of hours from North Conway to find anything that looks remotely like what most people think of as a city.

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
401 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Red Jacket Mountain View Resort

Feb. - Mar. Is prime ski period. Be careful Feb. 8th-21st This is February Vacation and the Hotels will be packed and the rates will be high.

Red Jacket is a great hotel with a really fun Tubing Water Park.

There is lots to do in the area. Of course Downhill skiing, Cross Country Skiing, Snowmobiling, Ice Skating, Hundreds of great restaurants and shops.

North Conway is the center of the Mount Washington Valley, but you will want to visit Jackson15 min, Drive up to Mount Washington or Bretton Woods 45min.

Check out the Mount Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce and the JacksonNH.com sites.

5. Re: Visiting Red Jacket Mountain View Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about North Conway