We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid Friendly Hikes

RI
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Kid Friendly Hikes

We're traveling to North Conway in about 4 weeks.

I'm looking for some hike suggestions...Something a little more challenging than Diana's Bath which seems to be a common family hike suggestion but not too much elevation. I'm pregnant and my husband will have our other little one in a hiking backpack. I'm almost looking for a something that would be in between Diana's Bath and Arethusa Falls.

Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid Friendly Hikes

Mt Willard certainly is between those 2 (I consider AF a more than moderate hike.

Lost Pond and Square Ledge are nice.

You could hike to the base of Tuckerman's (about 2 miles each way, moderate elevation rise) You are bounding from boulder to boulder in places which can be tiring, not exactly a walking trail and you are in the woods most of the hike until exit at base of ravine for great views)

Sabbaday Falls- not too long a hike

Flume Gorge but there is a fee to enter

RI
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid Friendly Hikes

Thank you so much! We've done Tuckerman's a bunch of times! My husband is disappointed I wont' give it a try this year but with a little one and being pregnant, I'm not up for it!

I'll check out the other suggestions!

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid Friendly Hikes

Um, in a month, you'd better have your micro-spikes. There will be snow and ice on trails. It's cooler in the woods -- and of course at elevation.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid Friendly Hikes

Yeah, LMM is certainly right about that. Attitash got 9 new inches of snow last night and is expecting some more today. 4 weeks can be a long time but winter seems to be hanging on this year.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kid Friendly Hikes

Yeah, I know from experience -- even if it's warm and sunny, trails are in the shade, and you generally want approximately zero slippery stuff on rocks. It's also "mud season" and there is a lot of water and deep mud on trails this early in the year. And, we are having a nice blizzard today! Woo hoo!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,486 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kid Friendly Hikes

Agreeing that with the recent extension of winter weather, you need to be prepared for snow and ice. And even if you're lucky enough for that to be gone, expect some serious mud.

Park at the base of Cathedral Ledge and walk up the road to the top.

boston, Ma
Level Contributor
80 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kid Friendly Hikes

Look into Zeeland Falls, that's a nice hike to do with kids.

8. Re: Kid Friendly Hikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about North Conway