We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston to Whites with midwesterners needing quick ocean fix

Which Portsmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St Paul
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Boston to Whites with midwesterners needing quick ocean fix

At the end of September, I'm bringing 5 of my friends from Minnesota to my in-laws place on Kezar Lake in Maine. I know they'll want to get some ocean time in. They arrive at Logan around 10 a.m., so I'm looking for a good lunch restaurant/beach combo. We will probably want to get on the road by 2 or so. Newburyport? Portsmouth? Id be willing to go up to York Beach as well. Moderate prices, fun and view are most important

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston to Whites with midwesterners needing quick ocean fix

It's not completely clear what your criteria are for lunch. If you're intent on finding a restaurant with an ocean view and on or adjacent to an actual beach, you won't find it in Portsmouth, and I don't think you'll find it in Newburyport. While there's waterfront dining available in both of those towns, they're a bit inland from the ocean.

There are numerous restaurants along the shore in Hampton Beach and Rye Beach, NH. Sorry, but I can't give a specific recommendation. Plenty of beach there, though.

The place that occurs to me is one I've never been to and can't name--I know I'm being a big help here--but it's in Kittery, ME, and is very popular as a place to get lobster (presumably other seafood as well). There's outdoor seating, and I believe it overlooks the water. Maybe this will trigger a response form somebody who can identify the place better, or you might do some creative Googling to find the place I'm talking about.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston to Whites with midwesterners needing quick ocean fix

Beach plum in Hampton for great lobster rolls. Footlong feeds at least two people. Very casual and across street from beach . Check out reviews.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston to Whites with midwesterners needing quick ocean fix

Don't claim to be an expert on dining in Kittery, but no "beach view" dining there that I'm aware of -- some spots that overlook the water (stream, river, ocean inlet) but nothing on a beach that I know of....

4. Re: Boston to Whites with midwesterners needing quick ocean fix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 07:36