We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend April 9th

Beverly, Ma
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Weekend April 9th

I am thinking of staying at the Residence in Downtown waterfront with 4-5 women for a girls weekend as the price and location seem good. Any feed back?

Also we are looking for suggestions for restaurants and nightlife,

preferably in walking distance.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
182 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Weekend April 9th

It's a new hotel, I haven't stayed there yet so I cannot comment on rooms but very accessible to everything. Brazo is good, Mombo is good, it's at strawberry bank and has a great bar. It is hard to go wrong with a restaurant in Portsmouth.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Weekend April 9th

Haven't stayed at RI either but agree that location is just fine.

Like Common Man, Agave, Portsmouth Brewery. Thought Rosa's was just ok. Popovers for breakfast is clearly a winner as you will see by the line outside. So many other restaurants that all look like fun that I have not had the chance to try. Also liked Warren's Lobster House just across river in Kittery.

Beverly, Ma
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Weekend April 9th

Thanks for the suggestions....I will definately keep Popovers in mind for Sunday breakfast.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Weekend April 9th

Definitely put that Popover's On The Square on your list, it's definitely a good one for breakfast.

I loved RiRa's in Portsmouth so remember to save some time for it, it's a fun place with Irish music/entertainment. Nice dining experience for us there too. Here's info on it::

http://www.rira.com/rira/portsmouth.html

Wherever you go in Portsmouth, have a great time. You'll be busy, that's for sure. There's a ton of pubs, restaurants, bistro's and neat shops to explore. Even a Common Man restaurant now, it's getting good reviews too lately. So when you see it, it's a good one to go to, it's located right around the corner from Strawbery Banke & Prescott Park.

The Marriott Residence Inn is very convenient, you're going to like staying there, it's in a good spot for walking to every where you want to go.

Have a great time!

Edited: 20 March 2011, 21:52
New Castle, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Weekend April 9th

For a full, hearty, inexpensive breakfast, I recommend Colby's on Daniel Street. If you'd like brunch, then head over to Radicci where they have a great Bloody Mary bar if that's your thing. Popovers, while suitable for baked goods is really touristy and does not have table service. Ri-Ra is great for lunch, but is VERY loud in the evenings and you will find you cannot hear the person at the table across form you. My top pics for dinner in Portsmouth include: Wellington Room, Black Trumpet, Cava, or Cafe Mirabelle. Intimate, creative, and memorable would describe all four. Fro drinks later, I'd consider going to: 2 Ceres St, Spring Hill Tavern, or Press Room. Red Door is a great martini bar worth going to after 10PM if you're in the 22-38 y/o crowd.

Doug @ Ale House Inn

Beverly, Ma
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Weekend April 9th

Thanks Doug and NoMoo.....my mouth was watering as I checked out all these menu's!! While the Red Door martini's sound wonderful...we are in the 45 year old range. Do they still have music at Dolphin Striker....my husband and I had an enjoyable time there are few years back.

Again thank you for all the suggestions!

Beth

7. Re: Girls Weekend April 9th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 19:16