We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Hampshire DeLorme road atlas

Texas
Level Contributor
818 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
New Hampshire DeLorme road atlas

I'm headed to Portsmouth to house/cat sit and am wondering if anyone has seen these road atlases for sale--have you noticed them in convenience stores at gas stations? Wal-Mart? Just want to know where to get one when I get here rather than fly with it!

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Hampshire DeLorme road atlas

Does it have to be this particular brand. I know AAA atlases are available.

Texas
Level Contributor
818 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Hampshire DeLorme road atlas

No, it doesn't have to be this brand, though they seem to make them for every state. I belong to AAA, but I wasn't aware of street atlases. I get maps from AAA and occasionally city street maps are available.

Have you gotten a NH state atlas from AAA in Portsmouth?

Edited: 09 April 2011, 15:46
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Hampshire DeLorme road atlas

I was in Portsmouth a week ago, and went into a travel bookstore in Commercial Alley (just off Market Square) that was having a going-out-of-business sale. I don't remember the name of it, but assuming it's still open, it should be easy to find. I don't know whether they would have a suitable atlas or not, but it might be worth a look.

Sad to see such casualties of the Internet.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Hampshire DeLorme road atlas

DeLorme Atlases are generally available in major bookstores like Barnes and Noble, Border's, etc. Most, but not all, local book shops, some sporting goods stores, and some convenience stores carry them. If you don't find one quickly in Portsmouth, I'd take Rt 1 across the bridge into Kittery, ME and try the Kittery Trading Post.

You don't say how soon you're coming, but if you have any time at all between now and then, check the DeLorme Mapping website for on-line ordering information....or call them and ask about places in Portsmouth that carry their product.....

mifflinburg,pa
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Hampshire DeLorme road atlas

Walmart stores have them less than 15.00

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,181 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Hampshire DeLorme road atlas

FYI, NH has great free maps If you are flying in, you can pick them up at any airport and just about any tourist attraction with a rack of brochures.

Not a lot of roads in NH that you need fancy maps. go to visitnh.gov for lots of great info.

7. Re: New Hampshire DeLorme road atlas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 03:16