We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portsmouth for Thanksgiving

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
154 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Portsmouth for Thanksgiving

We are traveling over Thanksgiving and will have two nights and two days (Thanksgiving Day and Friday) to do some exploring. We are thinking of going to Portsmouth as it's not too far from Boston. Is there enough to do there for two days (and will anything be open on Thanksgiving Day?) Two adults and two teenagers. We'll have to do some research on where to eat on T/G day as well. Any advice welcome, thank you.

Boston
Level Contributor
41 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portsmouth for Thanksgiving

Portsmouth and the surrounding area has plenty to entertain you for two days. I suspect that the day after Christmas will busy with Holiday shoppers who are looking to avoid malls. We often travel to Portsmouth for a nice low key holiday shopping experience (But I'm not sure how low key it will be on the day after Thanksgiving.) The city is very charming when it is decked out for the holidays.

Those restaurants that are open over the holidays tend to get crowded so I would look to book far in advance. My wife and I ate at Mombo this past weekend and it would be a great choice if it happens to be open on Thanksgiving.

Edited: 12 October 2011, 15:06
2. Re: Portsmouth for Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 09:18