We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

portsmouth., courtyard by marriot of the port inn?

PA
10 posts
Save Topic
portsmouth., courtyard by marriot of the port inn?

My wife and I are looking for a nice, clean place to stay in portsmouth for 3 nights. Somewhere in town, I noticed alot of the hotels are near the airport so i was thinking of either the courtyard or the port inn.. Any suggestions

New Hampshire
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: portsmouth., courtyard by marriot of the port inn?

I was the Senior Auditor for the Courtyard Marriott in Portsmouth, NH and it is a very nice place to stay, designed for the business traveler so keep that in mind. The Port Inn, not as nice, but OK, you are very close to everything. If you are looking for a nice romantic place the Sise Inn, located in downtown Portsmouth, not only offers a GREAT location (walking distance to great restaurants) but also to Kittery, Maine for outlet shopping. It is a beautiful Inn.

Hope this helps

Port Orchard, WA
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: portsmouth., courtyard by marriot of the port inn?

My husband and I are currently in Portsmouth NH on a business trip for him. We are staying at the Marriott Residence Inn. It is one of our favorite chains. They are always clean and have nice size rooms. We booked a studio this time and have a couch, king size bed, desk, free internet, kitchenette with dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator and stove and oven. The service has been wonderful. Every Mon. through Thursday evening from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm there is an evening social hour with complimentary wine and beer. The beer is on tap and from the Redhook Ale Brewery which is located right behind the hotel. Each evening there is also food provided free. Tonight was Mexican, tomorrow night is pizza and Thursday night is Deli Night just for instance. On the 2nd floor is a laundry center. When I needed laundry soap, it was complimentary. There is a nice indoor pool and hot tub available. It's like a home away from home and I would highly recommend it. Free parking too!

New England
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: portsmouth., courtyard by marriot of the port inn?

Didn't you post this earlier? LOL

Tough choice! I would choose the Courtyard out of the 2. However the Sheraton and the Hilton have much better locations for walking.

Also they both have a lounge and a dining room. It's up to you, but depending upon what you want....the hotels along the "circle" The Holiday Inn, the Port Inn, etc are long known to be "truckstop types" of hotels...the price is right but truthfully I have never stayed in any of them. Nor would I. Do some research and take your chances.....I still reccomend the Sheraton.

Good luck!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: portsmouth., courtyard by marriot of the port inn?

If you are looking for downtown, I would choose the Hilton Garden Inn - it is relatively new, so it will fulfill your nice, clean requirement. The location really is perfect, right downtown. I would avoid your two choices completely, they are right near the highway and not close to anything interesting (with the exception of the Redhook Brewery).

Southern New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: portsmouth., courtyard by marriot of the port inn?

The Sheraton is right downtown and walkable to everythink, Stayed there several years ago at a business conference and accomodations were nice, clean, comfortable and again very convenient. Can't talk about price as it was five or so years ago,

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: portsmouth., courtyard by marriot of the port inn?

If the price fits your budget, go witht he in town locations. I love Portsmouth, and staying at a place where you step right onto the streets is my ideal. I have stayed many times at the Sheraton, for conferences, and love it. But I am sure the Hilton is as nice. There are several B&Bs in town, which I have walked past, but don't recall the names. If you like B&Bs, you might want to look online at visitnh.gov, or Google the Portsmouth Chamber, and check out lodgin options.

That said, if the price is too stiff for you, I have stayed at several of the hotels onthe Portsmouth circle. While they are not of the caliber that the in town hotels are, I have found them adequate. I think the Holiday Inn is getting a bit tired, but some of the newer ones are nice. I stayed at the Best Western (may be under different ownership, now) and was pleased. But this will be a different experience than being in town.

7. Re: portsmouth., courtyard by marriot of the port inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 18:16