We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with a lounge

RI
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel with a lounge

Im going to portsmouth in november with a bunch of girls to go shopping in kittery, maine. we were looking for a hotel that has a lounge and nearby (walking distance) resturants. Thanks!

Portsmouth Historical Society
Art Galleries, History Museums
The Salt Cellar
Gift & Speciality Shops
3S Artspace
Art Galleries, Performances
Tugboat Alley
Gift & Speciality Shops
Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel with a lounge

Good morning Bitcee,

There's the Sheraton in Portsmouth that has a lounge and it's withing walking distance to all the restaurants and shops:

www.sheratonportsmouth.com

The brand new Hilton Garden Inn is open in Portsmouth now, it's located at 100 High St. in downtown.

Have a great time!

On your way to the Kittery Outlets look for the Stonewall Kitchen

complex! It's on the right hand side as you're leaving downtown Portsmouth for Kittery on Rte 1, ask any one where it is when you're in Portsmouth, it's a little confusing because it's not in downtown per se. You'll pass it though in Portsmouth on your way up to the Outlet shops. Here's the directions for it. Try to get here, it's a good one, you'll really like it a lot....

From the North and South, take I-95 to Exit 7(Business District/Portsmouth/Newington).

From the North, bear left off of the ramp and follow Market Street into downtown Portsmouth. From the South, bear right off of the ramp and follow Market Street into downtown Portsmouth.

Mentioned in this post
Newington
Newington
New Hampshire
RI
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel with a lounge

Good Morning! Thanks for the advice. I will check it out. I have checked the hilton Garden Inn-only problem, some of the girls want a smoking room and i noticed the garden is non-smoking. Do you know what the main streets are to all the action and restaurants? I saw that market st was one.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel with a lounge

There's Congress St., Fleet St., Market Square, State St....

State St. is where The Library Restaurant and Molly Malone's Irish Pub are located, kind of the main street as you drive in from the south and Rte 1 area...

Mentioned in this post
Market Square
Market Square
608 Reviews
Portsmouth, NH
RI
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel with a lounge

The sheraton inn looks really nice-not sure the girls want to pay that much. I think they were looking around 100-130 a night. Have to save money for shopping! Any others that would suit us? Thanks again!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel with a lounge

I know you'd really like the Port Inn, it's reasonable to stay here a night too. BUT it's not within walking distance to downtown for at night, that's the only thing, you'd have to drive, once you get your bearings though it's pretty easy, it's only about a mile away if that. The Port Inn is at the Portsmouth Traffic Circle, you'd be able to get to Kittery down one way and if you go the same way, it's kind of confusing where you're not from the area, but when we go to downtown Portsmouth, we go this way a lot....from the Port Inn located on Rte 1 in Portsmouth at the Traffic Circle you bear right for Kittery, ME and follow it all the way BUT for downtown Portsmouth you also follow this road as IF you were going to Kittery but you bear a sharp RIGHT where the restaurant and the Holiday Inn is, you'll see it there, and you take a right past the Hotel and follow it all the way under the overpass, at the lights take a left all the way to downtown Portsmouth, it's only about a mile or so down.

The people that run this Inn are SO nice and would be able to help you with directions more I'm sure!

There's a few good B&B's right in downtown Portsmouth, you could check this site:

www.nhliving.com

www.portsmouthnh.com

Mentioned in this post
Holiday Inn Portsmouth
Holiday Inn Portsmouth
378 Reviews
Portsmouth, NH
Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel with a lounge

This one you can smoke all you want AND it's pretty reasonable, plus it has great reviews, that's what you want to watch out for with a lot of these....it overlooks the highway, yet it's on the road to downtown Portsmouth, it's to the left of the Holiday Inn, so when you're at the Portsmouth Traffic Circle rotary, you're going to still go to the MAINE exit as if you're going to Kittery, yet you're going to take the sharp right again and at the stop sign take a left for the Anchorage Inn here. Take a right past the Holiday Inn for getting in to downtown Portsmouth. If you wanted to take a left you could too, at the flashing yellow take a right to get in to downtown Portsmouth that way past the Anchorage Inn, just ask at the front desk if it's too confusing up around there. A lot of people go crazy because it's kind of confusing for a lot of people when you don't know the area, we know all the short cuts living up through here!

Anchorage Inns & Suites

Average price*: $109

417 Woodbury Ave, Portsmouth, NH 03867

Mentioned in this post
Holiday Inn Portsmouth
Holiday Inn Portsmouth
378 Reviews
Portsmouth, NH
Maine
Maine
United States
Anchorage Inns & Suites
Anchorage Inns & Suites
377 Reviews
Portsmouth, NH
RI
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel with a lounge

You have been so helpful-i really appreciate it. i just sent a e-mail to the girls to see if they will do non-smoking. I checked the hilton garden and it seems to fit with what we want at a reasonable price. We could have it for 100 a night. Is that walking distance to everything? I also checked out the holiday inn-bad reviews on here though. I will check the other hotels you suggested. Thanks again.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel with a lounge

I checked the reviews on the Hilton Garden Inn in Portsmouth and it's getting really good ones, they're saying it's within walking distance to downtown. It's not a bad location at all. The Hotel is GORGEOUS, it's brand new and right now they're ironing out customer service issues a little, that's always going to happen at brand new places. The Wentworth By The Sea Hotel was the same way when it first opened, now it's incredible once they got those type of issues straightened out, you just have to bear with them during this time that's all. You're going to love that Hotel, I drove by it a few times and couldn't believe how nice it was!

YES the Holiday Inn has awful reviews here, that one always does, it looks like one that hookers would use or something, I'm not kidding you, it's kind of shabby looking any way!!! That's why I just mentioned it in the directions for you to go by it on your way to downtown. The Anchorage Inn reviews aren't bad at all, although I think they changed the name of it, if you call them ask them about it. I think I remember seeing a different name on the front of that Inn if I'm not mistaken!

Have a great time, you'll be busy, there's a lot to do and see!

Mentioned in this post
Holiday Inn Portsmouth
Holiday Inn Portsmouth
378 Reviews
Portsmouth, NH
Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel with a lounge

Check the Port Inn, the reviews are always great and it's reasonable to stay here a night, the only thing is you'd have to drive to downtown...that's the only thing...

www.theportinn.com

RI
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel with a lounge

Thanks for all your help! Im sure we will have a great time. Any fav's on resturants near there?