We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain View Grand vs Mount Washington Resort

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mountain View Grand vs Mount Washington Resort

Yikes..

We are very confused..these two properties look very much alike within close proximity with each other, both with fabulous reviews..

We plan to visit just me and my wife in early July...

Not sure which property to choose.

Can someone please assist us...

8 replies to this topic
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountain View Grand vs Mount Washington Resort

Well, you'll probably be okay at either one.

The view at MVG is more expansive, from an elevated vantage point. The MWH has a superb view of the Presidential Range, but just a few peaks, from base level.

I didn't have dinner at the MVG, but my sense is that the dining is somewhat more upscale at the MWH.

If you have young children, they would probably enjoy the farm animals at MVG.

MWH has a great year-round, heated outdoor pool, and a nice spa. I didn't use the pool at MVG.

You're not going to go wrong, so don't sweat it.

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
549 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mountain View Grand vs Mount Washington Resort

For my two cents...

Both are great hotels for a get away, both have great views. But I would go with The Mount Washington because it is much closer to other attractions and restaurants in the White Mountain in North Conway, Jackson, and Bartlett. But if you are just doing a week-end get-a-way and plan to spend 90% of your time golfing either would work.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Washington
Mount Washington
White Mountains, NH
Bartlett
Bartlett
White Mountains, NH
Belmont, New...
Level Contributor
53 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mountain View Grand vs Mount Washington Resort

You pose a tough question. I live in central NH and have visited both hotels. I would say that the MVG remodel is newer and has more high tech features but there are more activities around the MWR. I have eaten at both places and the food and service is equally good.

Both hotels have ongoing activities and special events so I would check the event schedule at each place and go with what interests me most. As others have said you won't be disappointed at either place.

Edited: 01 June 2013, 03:22
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
337 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mountain View Grand vs Mount Washington Resort

Can you compare White Mtn. Hotel to these 2 properties? I love them both, but think the White Mountain Hotel is the more ideal location. First time in the area. Thanks.

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
549 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mountain View Grand vs Mount Washington Resort

The White Mountain is in North Conway so more central to restaurants, shopping and attractions. A newer hotel built in the style of a grand resort. It has modern bedrooms, a golf course and one of the best restaurants in the area.

Manchester, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mountain View Grand vs Mount Washington Resort

The White Mountain Hotel is also much smaller and in a more congested area.

Middlesex County
Level Contributor
1 post
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mountain View Grand vs Mount Washington Resort

I have been to Mount Washington twice and just went to Mountain View Grand. I don't think I would not go back to MVG (unless invited for an event or something) but would definitely go back to Mt. W. The service was just that much better,veranda and hotel that much grander. If the price of the MtW hotel scares you, stay across the steet at the Lodge and hang out at the Mt.W.

The best part of Mt. W is the main dining room and their big band. The fine dining Wine Cellar at MVG does not even compare to the ambiance of the Mt.W dining room. In all fairness, the food was better at The Wine Cellar.

Edited: 04 August 2014, 19:38
Mentioned in this post
Mount Washington
Mount Washington
White Mountains, NH
Rehoboth...
Level Contributor
4 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mountain View Grand vs Mount Washington Resort

Both nice hotels and properties. Great views as well. Mt Washington hotel is more expensive and far superior.

Reply to: Mountain View Grand vs Mount Washington Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Whitefield