We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Launching a Kayak into the bay on LBI

1 post
Save Topic
Launching a Kayak into the bay on LBI

My family is renting a house in Beach Haven next week and I want to bring my kayaks down. Does anyone know where I can park my car and launch them into the bay? I can never seem to find an area where i can park and put them in the water. It doesn't really matter where on LBI, I can drive to the location.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,493 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Launching a Kayak into the bay on LBI

Either all the way at the north end where the houses end and the longish beach begins, or all the way at the other end where the lighthouse is.

I'd guess.

Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Launching a Kayak into the bay on LBI

There is a public boat ramp in Beach Haven at 9th st and the bay. Here is the link from the Beach Haven borough website:

Enjoy your time in Beach Haven!

Northeast USA
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Launching a Kayak into the bay on LBI

You're probably sitting in traffic trying to get down there (if you are not there already) as I post this, but you can also use the public boat ramp in Surf City located between the Surf City Marina and public playgrounds and basketball courts.

4. Re: Launching a Kayak into the bay on LBI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 05:16