We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations in Long Beach Township

Columbus, Ohio
13 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations in Long Beach Township

Hi, I just rented a place in Beach Haven Terrace for a week in August. We've never been to Long Beach Island before, so I'm interested in recommendations for where to go for the best of everything. Restaurants, bakeries, groceries, pizza, bookstores, shops, etc. We only have an infant, no other children to entertain. I'd appreciate any suggestions or insights, and especially anything close to Beach Haven Terrace. Thanks!

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations in Long Beach Township

Just as an FYI, there is a forum for Long Beach under the forums. I don't know quite as much about Beach Haven Terrace, but I will try to give some information.

Groceries: On route 72 as you approach the causeway bridge, there are several supermarkets, a Costco and a BJ's. Many people stop to stock up there as it is less expensive than on the island itself. Heading south on LBI, you will pass an Acme on your right and past Beach Haven Terrace, in Beach Haven there is Murphy's Market-not cheap, but they would have everything you need.

The restaurant I would recommend to you is The Beach House Restaurant for fresh simple classics or Stephano's (just south of Beach Haven Terrace) for Italian. For causal good steak sandwiches, subs try the California Grill.

I don't know how much you want to drive, but Beach Haven Terrace is not that commercial, so head to Beach Haven itself for window shopping, browsing in the Bay Village Area. See Sur La Plage or Tulia's for upscale women's/teens. Also in Beach Haven is the Surflight Theater for professional live theater.

I don't think there is a bookstore in Beach Haven Terrace, but there is an Atlantic Bookstore in Beach Haven. Drive north to Barnegat Light for cute antique shops, gift shops and to climb the lighthouse.

I am not sure of the "best pizza" close to Beach Haven Terrace. For really thin crust, we love Ravioli and More in Ship Bottom (great take out frozen pasta as well). Bay Village Pizza in Beach Haven also has pretty good pie.

For Ice Cream, we like Rita's Water Ice, the Meltaway Cafe or for a show the Showplace Ice Cream Parlor in Beach Haven-which is pretty loud and may be too loud for an infant.

Marvels doughnuts is a local institution for warm freshly baked donoughts. Some like the Crust n Crumb bakery in Beach Haven (I am luke warm on it). For a dessert night out try Cafe Baccio in Spray Beach.

There is also an active forum on lbi.net with frequent posters and regulars under the question and answer tab.

2. Re: Recommendations in Long Beach Township

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2010, 06:18