We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea shell club vacation

naugatuck, ct
2 posts
Save Topic
sea shell club vacation

My teenage daughter wants to stay at the Sea Shell this vacation (5 day stay in July). Her friend stayed there last year and said it was nice.

Just wanted to make sure it was a nice, clean hotel. I heard about the noise - that's okay - I just want the rooms clean.

Any ideas?

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sea shell club vacation

The Sea Shell Club went thru a facelift prior to last summer, with fresh paint. I do not know if they upgraded their furnishings. It is a great location for families or teens because they can walk or bike to all attractions. There are frequently families at the Tiki bar especially at lunch or early evening. It is not a fancy hotel by any stretch, but I have never heard of any complaints other than noise. I would try to see if they can promise you a room away from the band. There are several hotels within a few blocks of each other that are all equally convenient--Coral Seas, Mussel Beach, the Engleside, to name a few. The beach can get a little crowded in that stretch, but you have the option of walking a few blocks north or south if you want. Enjoy! Pose again if you need more info.

Haven Beach, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sea shell club vacation

The Sea Shell is located on Centre St., in the busiest part of the island. If crowds on the beach and surrounding streets bothers you, then I'd suggest staying somewhere other than the heart of Beach Haven (Centre to about 10th). Otherwise, it is a very nice area, with an amusement park/arcade, surf shops, bike rentals, and restaurants with in 6 or 7 blocks.

naugatuck, ct
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sea shell club vacation

Thanks for the info. We decided to do with the Sea Shell. I just get nervous going to an area I know nothing about - hopefully we made an ok choice!!

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sea shell club vacation

Remember to post a review when you get back to help others following you! There is a teen night at the Ketch (I think Sundays) if you're inclined to let your daughter go, Thundering Surf, surfing lessons, Fantasy Island and more to enjoy. Check out Showplace Ice Cream for singing wait staff and Surflight Theater for high quality summer theater. Enjoy!