We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ship bottom or Harvey cedars?

Which Beach Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Greenwich...
Level Contributor
40 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ship bottom or Harvey cedars?

Hi, we are trying to decide between Harvey cedars and ship bottom for a long weekend for our anniversary, I've only been out to LBI once and it was a while ago, any opinions for either? Harvey cedars seems like a very quant area......so does ship bottom? Any info would help, thanks!

3 replies to this topic
port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ship bottom or Harvey cedars?

ship bottom is the middle of the island where the causeway comes in, the island is wider and somewhat more commercialized than Harvey Cedars which is about halfway north toward the lighthouse, a bit quieter

there

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ship bottom or Harvey cedars?

I agree, Harvey Cedars is much quieter. Ship Bottom has 4 lanes of traffic dividing bayside from ocean side. I wouldn't recommend it for an anniversary trip. What are your interests?

East Greenwich...
Level Contributor
40 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ship bottom or Harvey cedars?

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing, I am leaning towards the house for rent in Harvey cedars. We just plan on just hanging out, walking the beach, going out to eat and just exploring the island area....if there are any other areas that are similar I would be interested in knowing because I ave not put a deposit on anything yet.

Reply to: Ship bottom or Harvey cedars?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted