We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do in beach haven in october

Which Beach Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
staten island
2 posts
Save Topic
things to do in beach haven in october

We are visiting first two weeks in October -

Never been to LBI at all...

just wondering if most of the shops and eating places will be closed that time of year

Thank you

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do in beach haven in october

Will you be down Sep 30-Oct 1?? If so, there is the famous Chowderfest that is not to be missed. www.chowderfest.com. This also has a merchants mart on Sat, The chowderfest Sun with all you can taste chowder and voting for the best red and white chowder. The Sunday of Columbus day weekend there is a run the length of the island that is fun to watch. Most restaurants will be open thurs-Sun thru Columbus day weekend. Also most shops will not close down until after chowderfest. The beaches are still there, along with great fishing. Its a great time to bike or kite as well. Check out www.lbi.net for specific lbi infor and a question forums. Have fun!! I know I'll be down the next two weekends....

staten island
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do in beach haven in october

Thanks so much --- I will be there 10/4 to 10/13

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do in beach haven in october

Take a ride over onto Route 9. Go south to the Tuckerton Seaport. The restaurant there, Skeeters, got a good writeup in the paper for their crabcakes. Just before the seaport is the Tuckerton Emporium, where they have a variety of items for sale. You can stop in the miscellaneous shops along Route 9 if you are into antique or semi-antique shopping.

North of LBI on Route 9 is Barnegat. If you enjoy architectural antiques you should stop at Recycling the Past. You will be amazed at the variety of old tubs, doors, mantles, tiles, etc that you will see. Check it out before you go at www.recyclingthepast.com.

There is an old time ice cream parlor in downtown Barnegat (I think called the Hurricane House) that is fun to stop for some ice cream.

If you want to stay out for dinner or lunch, continue north on Route 9 another 10 minutes north of Barnegat. There is an excellent Italian restaurant (really nice), called Il Giardino on Route 9 in the Wharfside Plaza in Forked River. You can sit right along the river there and it's lovely. These same people own another great Italian restaurant in Brick called Villa Vitorria.

Another excursion off the island is Smithville Village, South on the Parkway. I understand there are some nice new shops there, but I haven't been myself in at least 2 years.

Not much will be open on the island during your visit, except close to the weekend. Kubels in Barnegat LIght is always a safe bet.

Raimundos is in Ship Bottom, and would be a nice choice for an upscale Italian meal. Plantation and Daddios will also be open, probably daily. I'm sure there will be several restaurants in BH open during your visit. Have fun.

4. Re: things to do in beach haven in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2007, 14:29
NJ
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do in beach haven in october

If you like Ice Cream you must go to

The Show Place, http://www.surflight.org/showplac.htm

It's a one of a kind ice cream parlor where they put on a show & you/your kids can be a part of it.

6. Re: things to do in beach haven in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 22:19