We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for summer trip to Camden area

ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Advice for summer trip to Camden area

I am hoping to get some insight on the area's southeast of Camden (Berlin, Clementon, Stratford). We have 4-5 adults that will be there for a few days in June. How safe are these areas? Can you recommend hotels that are within 15-20 minutes. Any other tips? Thanks!

ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for summer trip to Camden area

Helllooo? Anyone? : )

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,841 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for summer trip to Camden area

You might try posting on the Philadelphia, PA, forum. Camden is just across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, so those folks will know the area.

ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for summer trip to Camden area

Thanks. I'll do that since it seems to be somewhat deserted here.

Elizabethville...
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for summer trip to Camden area

Ohio:

I replied to your Pennsylvania post on this topic. Hope its helpful.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for summer trip to Camden area

ohiokmad - Camden has the reputation of being one of the most dangerous cities in NJ (I think 2nd to Newark). Why are you planning a summer trip to this area?

ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for summer trip to Camden area

This is a cross-country trip that my family from CA and AZ is taking for research and geneology. I've been asked to be the eastcoast chauffeur and am trying to gather some insight on how to make the best of this necessary stop in NJ.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
51 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice for summer trip to Camden area

Camden actually has a lovely waterfront area that attracts tons of tourists every year. It is linked to Philly by a ferry that runs every half hour throughout the day, and at nights when there is a concert at the Tweeter Center (outdoor concert venue) or a Camden Riversharks baseball game. Other attractions include the Battleship new Jersey (WWII historic ship museum), Adventure Aquarium (don't miss the Hippos and shark tunnel) and a children's garden with a fantastic butterfly house.

the website www.visitsouthjersey.com describes the entire south jersey area.

8. Re: Advice for summer trip to Camden area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 22:20
Get answers to your questions about Camden