We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing my own bike to Cape May from the ferry

VA
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Bringing my own bike to Cape May from the ferry

What is the bike route like from the Cape May ferry drop-off point to the town (such as Washington St Mall)?

6 replies to this topic
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing my own bike to Cape May from the ferry

East on Rt 9 (wide shoulders) Then South on 626 (Broadway) into West Cape May.

Steep incline up the bridge crossing the Canal- otherwise the entire route is reltively flat.

Shoulders are decent unti you get into West Cape when they largely disappear

I would suggest a right on Central Avenue then a left on Elmira which will take you into Cape May and straight to the Mall Traffic on these road is usually not bad until you hit the intersection of Lafayette and Elmira, a block from the mall.There are bike racks on Lyle Lane and Carpenter Street which parallel the Mall to the West and East,

Edited: 04 August 2017, 12:19
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing my own bike to Cape May from the ferry

PS Route 626 is called Seashore Rd where it intersects Route 9, changes to Broadway when it enters West Cape May

Central becomes Park when it makes a right hand bend. Elmira is called Leeming where it intersects Park- becomes Elimira when it crosses boundary of Cape May City.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing my own bike to Cape May from the ferry

Re-reading my directions. .You will turn LEFT on Central Avenue not Right- should not post before first cup of coffee.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing my own bike to Cape May from the ferry

Great directions by Brookquarry, even without that cup of coffee!

As already noted, it is a pretty straight, flat run, with the exception of the canal bridge.

The directions sound much more complicated then the actual trip will be.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing my own bike to Cape May from the ferry

You might consider turning right at the first traffic light on Rt 9 onto Bayshore Road. There's not much of a shoulder, but the road is less busy and a bit more scenic. It turns into Jonathan Hoffman Road. It eventually makes a sharp left and turns into Seashore Road. At the stop sign, turn right to continue on Seashore Road and cross the bridge and follow the excellent directions from brookquarry 2.

Here's a link to a similar post from about a year ago.

https:/…76738144

Enjoy your trip!

6. Re: Bringing my own bike to Cape May from the ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 September 2017, 21:35

Reply to: Bringing my own bike to Cape May from the ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape May
Recent Conversations