We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve?

I am having a very hard time finding information on events/dinners/live music etc in Cape May on New Year's Eve and the days surrounding it. Can anyone recommend a place to get information? I have checked hotel websites, done searches, and can't seem to come up with anything.

8 replies to this topic
Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve?

Maybe it is too early to see specific plans in Cape May?

I would keep checking, maybe around end October-early November.

I am not sure how many places actually "do" New Years Eve.

I think Congress Hall, Peter Shields and maybe one of the more local bars(I'm thinking Carney's but not sure) were some of the few places that had a New Years eve party.

You could try calling and asking this way you can get an idea of when the information will be released.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve?

There will be some events for sure....perhaps a little early yet for specifics packages and details. But would be pretty sure places like the Grand, Congress Hall, Mad Batter will have things going on.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
3,100 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve?

The Grand Hotel. Yes, I believe they also have a New Years Eve party/package.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,856 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve?

Congress Hall definitely does a New Year's Eve thing.

Jamison...
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve?

Hi,

Regarding the New Year’s Eve question. We have been going to Cape May for decades, but always in the summer. Have never once been for the holidays. This year will be the first time, we will spend New Years eve weekend! Excited to see the town dressed for the holidays!

Have been doing a little research. Many places will be open

Check out The Grand Hotel.

grandhotelcapemay.com/special/a-grand-new-ye…

Check out the Cape Resorts Properties:

Congress Hall and The Virginia Hotel (Ebbitt Room) – both more upscale, and another sister property at The Beach Shack/Rusty Nail:

caperesorts.com/specialoffers/…

Check out The Merion Inn, looks like they will be open for New Years

http://www.merioninn.com/

Try Union Park:

…wixstatic.com/ugd/a7db59_a4c8d2f280874ebaac…

Peter Shields would be very nice too, but I don’t see anything listed on their site, just call them to ask

I didn't call or check on-line but I believe the local drinking holes like Ugly Mug, Oyster Bay, Carneys would be open

Hope this helps.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve?

Thank you, kimba834. I read your recent post; you seem to enjoy the same thing we do, which is to find a comfortable bar and have a drink and appetizer. Our plans now include my sister and her husband, and we have made reservations at The Washington Inn. I am looking for someplace to go on Saturday evening. We are staying in Wildwood Crest, so I will check there, too. We have never been away for the holidays, but, like many others, the 3 day weekend allows for it this year. Whatever you do that weekend, I hope it is fun!

Jamison...
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year's Eve?

MaryL31. You will really like the Washington Inn! Stop in early before your reservation to have a nice cocktail or glass of wine at the bar. We too are looking for something to do on Saturday nite and will probably end up at either at Merion Inn, Mad Batter or The Brown Room/Blue Pig Tavern at Congress Hall.

Level Contributor
359 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year's Eve?

Oh you are in for a really lovely evening at the Washington Inn for nye. Enjoy it is a lovely restaurant

Edited: 22 December 2017, 15:10
Reply to: New Year's Eve?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape May
Recent Conversations