We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip in August - romance! ?

NJ
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Trip in August - romance! ?

Hi,

My boyfriend and I would like to visit Cape May (mid week - Sunday-Thurdsay) in August.

Ideally it would be great to walk to the beach. It would also be great to be able to walk into town for dinner one or two nights but I am also not against driving. Just wanted to try to avoid searching for parking spots for a lengthy period of time if at all possible.

We would like to stay someplace that is not overcrowded with nothing but families composed of small children. I love kids but it seems certain spots are much more geared to children and programs for small kids vs, other places so I would definitely prefer the latter. I see that some of the Inns have rules with no kids under age 12 and over 12 must be with a parent, so that works for us.

Ideally I'd also like a pool - but I realize not every place has a pool and it won't make or break my decision. I also realize a larger Inn or resort/motel is more apt to have a pool but then will have tons of families too right?

Also rooms with a fridge for a few bottles of white wine to chill would be great too.

Lastly it would be great if there was a 2-person jacuzzi in the room, I know that is a tough one to come by, but I would love that as we both have bad backs and it is so relaxing to soak in a jacuzzi on vacation.

I know i am asking a lot - but hopefully we can come close to finding most of these things.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cape May
Cape May
Cape May County, NJ
ICONA Cape May
ICONA Cape May
#2 of 37 hotels in Cape May
The Stockton Inns
The Stockton Inns
#5 of 37 hotels in Cape May
Sea Crest Inn
Sea Crest Inn
#7 of 37 hotels in Cape May
NJ
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip in August - romance! ?

Okay I just read that no B&Bs have pools in Cape May - so scratch that idea. Not an issue at all.

But we would love a 2 person jacuzzi in the room! :)

Mentioned in this post
Cape May
Cape May
Cape May County, NJ
Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip in August - romance! ?

did a general search for 'cape may jacuzzi' in new jersey forum. it shows the Peter Shield's Inn and a couple more you may want to check out to see if one suits you. haven't stayed at any myself to give detail info. just started researching my own trip. good luck!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip in August - romance! ?

I think I have the perfect place for you (minus the pool) - it's my favorite B&B in Cape May.

The Mission Inn.

www.missioninn.net

Susan and Raymond are wonderful and the Inn is gorgeous. It's one block from the beach on NJ Avenue (almost just behind the Grand Hotel). You can walk to a lot of different restaurants for dinner as well.

If you go to the website, you'll see that several of the rooms have a jacuzzi and fireplace in the room.

(PS - Their gourmet breakfasts are fabulous).

Hope this helps.

ENJOY!

Mentioned in this post
The Mission Inn
The Mission Inn
639 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
1,382 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
NJ
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip in August - romance! ?

Thanks very much - I have been reading about the Mission Inn and it does look lovely. The only question I have is - when I took the virtual tour it appeared as though they were located on a very busy street! Isn't it very noisy at night with traffic etc?

Are the jacuzzis in the room for two?

Mentioned in this post
The Mission Inn
The Mission Inn
639 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip in August - romance! ?

There are jet tubs in most of the rooms.

No - the street is not busy.

If you're not looking for a Victorian vibe - this place is absolutely gorgeous. As I mentioned, it's my favorite - and our family and friends all love it, too. The renovations and care that they've put in to the Inn are amazing. There's a full size fridge with snacks and wine that are at your disposal day and night. They have a tea/cocktail/appetizer hour in the afternoon and I can't say enough about how delicious the breakfast is.

Whatever you decide, enjoy Cape May.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip in August - romance! ?

Yes - the tubs are for 2 people.

new jersey
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip in August - romance! ?

Hi! The Wilbraham Mansion Bed & Breakfast in West Cape May has a heated indoor swimming pool. I never stayed there myself, but did go on the Christmas Candlelight Tour this year and it looked really nice. It's not as close to the beach and Washington St. Mall as some of the other B&B's, but it is still within walking distance. They have a web-site you can check out. Also, there are reviews(mixed) on trip advisor. Some of my favorite places to stay are the Craig House, Queen Victoria, Windward House, and the Eldredge House. They all are very romantic places (no children under 12)with great innkeepers. Hope you have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Wilbraham Mansion
Wilbraham Mansion
359 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
Cape May
Cape May
Cape May County, NJ
The Queen Victoria
The Queen Victoria
1,111 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip in August - romance! ?

Iluvmydog - to answer your question about the street of the Mission Inn, it's located on New Jersey Avenue, which is a residential street and is not particularly busy. The Inn is in a quieter section of town, 1 block from the beach. It would be about a 20 minute walk to the center of town where most of the shops & restaurants are located. You're going mid-week, so parking will likely be manageable; you may need to hunt a bit but if you're willing to walk a few blocks you'll find something.

You may also want to consider bringing bikes.

Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
The Mission Inn
The Mission Inn
639 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip in August - romance! ?

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I recall The Mission Inn having bikes available.

Mentioned in this post
The Mission Inn
The Mission Inn
639 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
modernphoenixv2
Level Contributor
966 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip in August - romance! ?

The Mission Inn is a beautiful place, but I have to concur with the person who responded earlier and recommended Peter Shields Inn. The building itself is spectacular and it's oceanfront, so the views are unparalleled. It's one of those buildings that are photographed often, so there are hundreds of pictures of it online. Also, very few children ever step foot in the place, so it would be a perfectly quiet and romantic spot.

Check it out for yourself, http://www.petershieldsinn.com/

Mentioned in this post
The Mission Inn
The Mission Inn
639 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
The Peter Shields Inn
The Peter Shields Inn
261 Reviews
Cape May, NJ