We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids Extra at The Camelot Motel???

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Kids Extra at The Camelot Motel???

We visit the Jersey Shore every June, but usually stay in Wildwood Crest (it's a little cheaper lodging); however this year -- it seems many prices have gone way up everywhere!

Was looking at the Camelot Motel (beachfront) in Cape May for this year -- Any thoughts? Seems like it gets good reviews, etc. Price isn't too bad either, esp for in Cape May! LOL

I did notice they say extra persons in a room are $15 extra!! Does anyone know if this applies to children?? Our experience has been that children are usually free up to a certain age (usually 16 or older)... but nowhere can I find if this is the case for this particular motel. We will be traveling with our 3 young children (ages 2,4,6) and if they are $15 extra... I'm afraid we might be stuck for a place to stay this year!! :(

If anyone knows the policy here... I'd appreciate hearing from you.

I did contact the motel itself.. left a message and sent an email -- so far no response from their end.

Also - do you know if the pool is heated?

THANKS!!!

modernphoenixv2
Level Contributor
966 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids Extra at The Camelot Motel???

I don't know the policy here, but I'd suggest you bring the kids and if there is any question, just mention that you thought it was free for kids under 16. Plus, the prices are quoted for 4-person occupancy.

Or, take a look at one of the other hotels in the area, like the Grand, Atlas or Montreal. All three are family-oriented, oceanfront and have great pools. Honestly, I think you'd be much happier.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids Extra at The Camelot Motel???

Ihave stayed at the Camelot and it is a very nice motel and a great location. I believe the above post re: children is correct.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
309 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids Extra at The Camelot Motel???

Good Morning,

I work in a hotel in Cape May. We charge for children 2 and older. $13.00 per child/or extra person until June 19. On June 20 it goes to $18.00. Our prices did not go up for rooms or children in 2006 or 2007. In 2008 our rates went up $2.00 a day, our child/extra person rate stayed the same.

Each hotel is different. Some charge at 3 years old, some even if they are an infant.

Contact the hotel, ask if that rate is for all 5 of you. If you have a confirmation, read it, see how many persons the rate is for. I am sure they will help you.

Have a good day,

Pat

modernphoenixv2
Level Contributor
966 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids Extra at The Camelot Motel???

You didn't like my whole 'sneak them in and claim ignorance' idea, eh? lol

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
309 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids Extra at The Camelot Motel???

Well, I've seen that work lol!!!! The best is when the whole family comes down to check out and there should be 4 and in front of you are seven!!

You know, with that fire in Rhode Island a few years ago where people got killed, the fire laws have become tighter. Even though a child may not be chargable, you still need to let the hotel know they are there.

God forbid if something happens, you need to be able to account for everyone in that family. A somber thought, but a reality check. Maybe because I am so close to the situation, my feelings are different now.

A line of thought, if the hotel doesn't know that person is there, then there is a shortage of towels, not enought TP, not enough pillows, blankets etc. Most hotels provide more than enough, however, some are count for count.

see ya later,

Pat

Cape May Point, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids Extra at The Camelot Motel???

Make sure the maximum occupancy for a room is not limited to 4 persons. That's number of bodies. Smaller bodies also count as one person.

My daughter traveled in Europe with friends of ours -a party of 5 - and they had to get 2 rooms at almost every place they went, which they had not budgeted for. Seems the smallest child was frequently over the age limit at the hotels.

With rental properties (we have 2), their local government liccenses and realto rental agreements are based on numbers of bodies. Infants count, too.

7. Re: Kids Extra at The Camelot Motel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 09:16