We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable CLEAN hotel for family with 3 young kids 4,4,&7

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona City...
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable CLEAN hotel for family with 3 young kids 4,4,&7

My husband and I stayed at the Star Inn and visited Cape May for the first time last June and LOVED it. Now we would like for our kids to experience the fun. We did look into the Congress Hall but wanted to get others advice on nice, clean, affordable hotels in Cape May. We would like to stay 2 or 3 nights in June. Also any advice for what to do with the kids if the weather doesn't cooperate.

THANKS!!!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable CLEAN hotel for family with 3 young kids 4,4,&7

I would try Summer Station very family friendly, each unit is a suite so you will have a kitchen which can be great for breakfast. It is also ocean front. I have stayed there and liked it very much.

modernphoenixv2
Level Contributor
966 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable CLEAN hotel for family with 3 young kids 4,4,&7

I concur on Summer Station, it's just a great place. Another good one is the Grand, which is also oceanfront and has an indoor pool and spa for when the weather doesn't cooperate. Plus, there's the Montreal Inn and Atlas, both of which I'd recommend. Avondale is a clean place with pretty basic amenities, but the location is great. Same goes for Heritage Inn.

When the weather is not so great, there is always the movie theatre, old-fashioned board games or shopping. One of my favorite things to do in the rain is sit on the balcony and watch the ocean. It's beautiful. You can even go to the pavillion at the Cove and sit there during the rain. It's super-pretty...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable CLEAN hotel for family with 3 young kids 4,4,&7

The Grand Hotel is in a good location - has an indoor pool for the kids (and even for you!) in the bad weather. It's definitely affordable, too.

Happy planning and enjoy. :-)

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
189 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable CLEAN hotel for family with 3 young kids 4,4,&7

Try the Summer Station. La Mer expanded a few years ago. A bit far from the center of town, but clean.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
309 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable CLEAN hotel for family with 3 young kids 4,4,&7

Good Morning,

Call the Montreal Inn, they are at Beach and Madison. Their number is 609-884-7011. They are very clean and family friendly. I would also recommend the Grand. Their number is 609-884-5611. If there should be some bad weather the indoor pool is there for yourselves and the kids as previously mentioned. The Palace across from the Grand is also very nice. However, they do not have a pool. The beach is directly across the street. Their number is 609-898-8100. All the above are on the East end of the Island which is the quieter end. Well within walking distance to everything. The Summer Station is on the other end of the Island, more toward the center of town. They are also great. Their number is 609-884-8800. Where ever you stay, enjoy Cape May!

6. Re: Affordable CLEAN hotel for family with 3 young kids 4,4,&7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 03:17