We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Weather?

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
October Weather?

I know these things can be a hit or a miss but generally speaking (for those in the know or who live in CM) what is the beginning of October's weather like. I think it was 3 years ago we went for the first time in October (the 12th maybe) and the weather was BEAUTIFUL! It seemed close to 80 a couple of days. I would like to try early October again this year and want to know if that time a year is usually still a little warm. Thanks in advance!

modernphoenixv2
Level Contributor
966 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October Weather?

It really is hit or miss, but on average, October tends to be mild in Cape May. Depending on the year, it can be really rainy or overcast. The beginning of the month is typically 70's but by the end, it's 60's. September is the optimum time for the Cape because the weather is generally nice but not too hot, the ocean is warm and the crowds are gone. October isn't bad, though.

Ben Millert

Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October Weather?

Thanks Ben! The rates go really low at that time so we may still chance it.

Wilmington, Delaware
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: October Weather?

I LOVE Cape May in October. It's not swimming weather, but I prefer it to the summer weather. We used to go to Cape May every October.....until we had kids and they reached school age. Our favorite activities for October were: eating out (great restaurants); walking/enjoying the town; walking along the beach or reading, etc, on the beach; riding bikes; just hanging out and relaxing. The only other comment I would make is to think about whether or not you want to be there during Victorian Week (Oct 8 - 14, 2010). There are a lot of special activities, but we prefer to avoid the crowds.

Have fun!

DJ

Cape May Court...
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October Weather?

Early October is usually fairly warm. I live just seven miles up the road from Cape May in Rio Grande, and we have outdoor parties well into November. That said, last year, we back-to-back nor'easters (our fabulous three-day rain and wind fests) that struck early October. I remember because it delayed the footings for my new deck. If you do visit then, just bring some rainy-day gear, just in case!

5. Re: October Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 05:16