We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
463 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

My husband and I have a lot of sleep issues and have to sleep in separate beds. We've always stayed at hotels that have rooms with 2 queen or 2 double beds to accommodate our needs. I love the idea of staying in a B&B, but when I look at many websites and search the rooms, many only have single beds (king and queens, mainly). For instance, I just looked at the Mission Inn website and would be interested in staying there because of a family connection to the home from many years ago, but was dismayed to see that each room has a king size bed.

I looked at the Queen Victoria site and was happy to see one room with 2 beds available, but that doesn't happen too often when I'm searching B&B websites, unfortunately.

I'm surprised that more rooms aren't available at these beautiful, highly rated B&B's for 2 women or guy friends or 2 family members traveling together who might want to stay in the same room to save money, but don't want to share a bed, and their choices are limited. We can't afford a suite-type of room where there might be 2 beds for a family. Just 2 double beds or even 2 twins would be fine for us.

Can anyone make any recommendations for Cape May B&B's with 2 beds in a room?

wilmington
Level Contributor
283 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

Many b and b's have rooms with more than one bed. Although usually it is a large bed and a twin.

The Gingerbread House has a second floor room with two double beds and a private front porch.

The Linda Lee has a lovely room with a private balcony (I think it is called Debbies Room) that can be set up with two twins.

Albert Stevens has at least one room with two beds, as does John F. Craig House.

The second floor front room at the John Wesley can be set up with two beds.

I think offhand the Summer Cottage right next to John F. Craig has more than one choice.

Carroll Villa has at least one non-suite with two beds.

Beautiful room at the Bacchus Inn (Champagne suite?) with a large bed set in stained glass bay window, and twin daybed in tv room.

I go to Cape May with my sister and prefer two beds, and there really are a lot of choices, but you do have to look. The Mission Inn is very couple oriented, so it is one of the exceptions.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
140 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

The Mooring B&B has two rooms that have two separate beds. One of the rooms has a queen-size and a twin bed and another room has a double bed and a twin-size. Both of those rooms are really nice!

The Albert Stevens, my favorite, also has a room with two beds.

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
463 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

Thanks so much to ontheway2cm and to Lucky69 for all of the great information in both of your posts. I obviously need to do more research of Cape May B&B's since there are certainly more 2-bed rooms than I was aware of!

wilmington
Level Contributor
283 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

Almost forgot--Windward House has a very spacious room with two beds on the second floor, Rococco room,. very lovely. (Has a large bathroom with a tub, too, which is what I like. Three closets, as I recall. Sometimes the closet space in some rooms is very small, and since we stay for a week, often with Victorian clothing, I am always on the lookout for more closet space.)

modernphoenixv2
Level Contributor
966 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

I highly recommend the Queen Victoria, consistently rated the best B&B in Cape May and one of my personal favorites. They have a large room with two queen beds that will be perfect for you and the breakfasts are large, delicious and plentiful.

Ben Miller

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
463 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

Thanks for the additional info, ontheway2cm, and to Ben Miller for his recommendation-- Most helpful and much appreciated!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
140 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

The Bedford Inn is another great B&B that has one room (#7) with a queen-size and a twin-size bed.

Wishing you success finding an available room with 2 beds at one of the beautiful b&b's mentioned to you by the Cape May crowd!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

LornaDune,

Husband and I also have sleep issues.. So if you're still looking for 2 beds in a room, we stayed at The Mainstay Inn. Think they were queens.

Very nice..

bb1mac

NJ
Level Contributor
278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

We recently stayed at Beauclaire's B&B the end of Nov. It was a first for us at a true B&B.

They have a room called the Beauclaire suite which has a queen and a nice sized day bed in same room.

It's very nice , good host and great location.

Just thought this may help a bit.

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
463 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: B&B Rooms with 2 Beds?

Thanks so much to Lucky69, bb1mac, and TRIP421 for the additional recommendations!

I have a second question that maybe I should start a new thread about and it has to do with the dining room accommodations for breakfast. We've always stayed in motels/hotels in the past because we both have jobs where we work with the public and sort of need a break from having to interact with people, and we're able to come and go as we please, choosing to interact or not. I realize the idea of most B&B's for many who love them is to have the opportunity to connect with others, and so many B&B's have a large dining room table for breakfast where all guests sit together. I know I've read of a few places where you can get tables for 2-- The Dormer House is one that comes to mind, and others state on their websites that guests can take a tray to a parlor or porch if they desire.

Any recommendations for B&B's where we could possibly choose to sit together at a table for 2? We're not antisocial-- it just has to do with what's more refreshing to us on a vacation. One time years ago around July 4, I was riding a bike around 8 a.m. in the area of Gurney and Columbia where many B&B's are located, and saw numerous guests with coffee cups on various B&B porches and at one place, one guest-- or possibly the owner-- was "holding forth" and talking animatedly and guests were laughing and seemed happy, but having to "be on" while on vacation isn't our idea of a relaxing time.