We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there anything to do in Cape May in Nov.?

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Matawan, New Jersey
Level Contributor
328 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Is there anything to do in Cape May in Nov.?

Besides eat? :)

Delaware
Level Contributor
400 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there anything to do in Cape May in Nov.?

The weather can be surprisingly mild in November, so a lot of things you would normally do are enjoyable...you just need to wear a sweatshirt. I love to bike in the fall, rather than summer, because the traffic is so light. Most of the shops are open until after Christmas and the antiquing is good.

My favorite place lately is the West End Garage in West Cape May, which I know is open Thursday, Friday and the weekend in November. You can spend a couple hours browsing through all the merchants' spaces there. If it's not too windy you'll usually find a good selection of shells by the shore. I even love Cape May in January!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
83 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there anything to do in Cape May in Nov.?

The weather is really the only issue to consider as the town generally stays open but don't expect all the shops on the Mall to be open evenings during the week.

As was mentioned most of the restaurants remain open though hours may be shortened. I too like Cape May anytime of the year.. In addition to Cape May and West Cape May, Cape May Point and Sunset Beach are great places to visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
68 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there anything to do in Cape May in Nov.?

Absolutely, contact the Cape May County Chamber of Commerce at (609) 465-7181 to get a 2012 calendar of events. There are special events every weekend until New Years Eve. Go to www.capemaycountychamber.com for more information

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there anything to do in Cape May in Nov.?

Great time to go in my book. Very peaceful, no crowds/parking issues. Granted some things are closed, but enough open and some activities to make for a nice weekend.

5. Re: Is there anything to do in Cape May in Nov.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:41