We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving to cape may from delaware county, pa

Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
driving to cape may from delaware county, pa

We are driving to cape may on a saturday for a whale watching trip that starts at Wilson Drive. We need to be there by 11:30 and are traveling from Delaware County Pa. What would be the best route to take given Saturday morning traffic? AC Expwy and Pkway? Or Commodore Barry Bridge to 55 and 47, etc?

Delaware
Level Contributor
403 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving to cape may from delaware county, pa

When we come from northern Delaware we take the Delaware Memorial Bridge to 40 to 55 and then 47 to the Garden State Parkway. You must leave early in the morning if it's a Saturday in the summer...traffic really backs up after 9:00....and I mean for miles & miles on 47. Just get to CM early and enjoy a couple extra hours.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving to cape may from delaware county, pa

"Commodore Barry Bridge to 55 and 47, etc?"

This is the route that I would choose from Delaware County. Be sure to leave early. If you have time, consider purchasing the Entertainment book. It has 2 for 1 coupons for the Whale Watcher Boats.

modernphoenixv2
Level Contributor
966 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving to cape may from delaware county, pa

I agree TonyNorthCapeMay, though I guess you're already in town now. I come from a bit north of you and I do the ACE and GSP, but have family that live in Delaware County and follow the route Tony suggested.

Hope you have a good time in Cape May!

Ben

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving to cape may from delaware county, pa

this past saturday the ACE and GSP in Atlantic county were bumper to bumper all day. I would use alternate routes and backroads and leave EARLY

modernphoenixv2
Level Contributor
966 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving to cape may from delaware county, pa

Ugh.... I HATE sitting in traffic on those roads, especially the ACE. It's wide-open and the sun just bakes you, plus it seems that whenever the traffic is stopped on it, you are always there for a good hour or more longer than the trip would normally be.

Ben

6. Re: driving to cape may from delaware county, pa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 02:16