We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

birthday dinner for 13 people

richmond, virginia
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
birthday dinner for 13 people

My siblings and I are renting a lovely home in Cape May as a surprise for my mom's 60th birthday. We would like to all go out for a dinner as family one evening. There are 13 of us ranging from 22months to 62 years old. I would love a back room or separated area so the younger cousins can feel less constricted. Any ideas? Another option would be an establishment that has great take out options such as family style trays.

Oh- some of my family members do not appreciate a pure seafood menu (Boo on them).

Thanks for any ideas or guidance.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: birthday dinner for 13 people

I would start with Merion Inn and Washington Inn...both are top shlef. Both have multiple rooms...not sure if 13 is enough to command a room or not?

wilmington
Level Contributor
283 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: birthday dinner for 13 people

I see large parties in the back terrace room of the Mad Batter all the time -- they can set up one long table for 13 easily. They have something for everyone on the menu (even gluten free) and a full bar, including a large selection on tap. You would not have this room to yourself, however.

I also agree to check the other two restaurants, as they do have multiple rooms of various sizes.

The Black Duck is another good restaurant with multiple small rooms. It is BYOB. The back porch room would probably be about the right size.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: birthday dinner for 13 people

Jackson Mountain has an "upstairs room".

4. Re: birthday dinner for 13 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 12:05
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: birthday dinner for 13 people

Sitters, promoting a business you're associated with is not allowed on tripadvisor. Please have your post removed.

South Amboy, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: birthday dinner for 13 people

why not try having it catered instead we used west side catering in west cape may food was affordable and amazing they did at great job for our wedding in 2010

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: birthday dinner for 13 people

The wine room at the Washigton Inn is a great private dining room.

Rio Grande, NJ
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: birthday dinner for 13 people

Call Sitters at the Shore, they can help you with ideas, child care actives etc…. 609-465-0840

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,458 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: birthday dinner for 13 people

Dude this post is over a year old. Please stop advertising on these forums

10. Re: birthday dinner for 13 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 06:17