We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch in Cape May

NY
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch in Cape May

We are planning a trip to Atlantic City, but we would like to check out Cape May for a future vacation. We want to know where to park so that we can take a walking tour of the village and have a nice lunch on our way to A/C. Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch in Cape May

Parking at this time of year is not so bad. Would likely look for metered parking between beach and the mall area, perhaps near Congress Hall.

The Blue Pig at Congress Hall is fine for lunch and there are many other choices on the mall.

Though if it were me, would have lunch at Lucky Bones at foot of bridge on way into town and then drive into town to walk around.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch in Cape May

There is always the Lobster House, you make a left when you come over the bridge. I don't think you will have a problem parking near Washington Mall.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
146 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch in Cape May

There are non-metered parking spots on side streets and just off business district. And plenty of meter spots all around the Washington Street Mall. Congress Hall is at one end - worthwhile to walk through and/or for lunch. I also like Tisha's Restaurant on the mall - excellent food. Cape May is charming. Leave enough time to explore side streets (house stalking!) and the beach.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch in Cape May

If you end up at Lobster House, they serve a shrimp melt. I went there many many times, and passed on this sandwich. To me, shrimp+cheese sounds like a weird combo [or it DID]. So I eventually gave in as nearly everyone at the bar was raving about their shrimp melt, and I like it so much, that I am now reccomending it to you. BTW, no matter where you eat, if you're staying in an AC hotel with a fridge [most have them], I suggest to stop by the Lobster House Fish Market on the way out of Cape May [EZ right turn] and pick up some peel~n~eat boiled shrimp [I prefer the seasoned] for your room. Geez, IMHO, they have the bestest shrimp

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch in Cape May

Elaine's restaurant and lodging. Wrap around porch. Very nice. Review their web site for specifics. Happy travels!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch in Cape May

Mad Batter on Jackson Street

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g46341-d39…

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch in Cape May

I forgot Mad Batter is very good restaurant, in the middle of everything. CM has so many good restaurants. The Virginia Hotel may be serving lunch.

8. Re: Lunch in Cape May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:20