We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

Which Cape May hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gibbstown, New...
Level Contributor
145 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

Considering a stay at The Grand in October. Specifically looking for any experiences you have to share on the following rooms:

Class I

King George

King Edward

King Henry

We're two women traveling together who like our separate sleep areas. One of us stays up later and smokes therefore two sleeping areas with the smoker being able to go outside without disturbing the other is key. We prefer efficiency units and good ocean view if not direct ocean view.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

Yes, all negative. Poor customer service and not too clean. Many better options.

Gibbstown, New...
Level Contributor
145 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

Thanks! Your view will be considered.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

Recommend the Marquis de Lafyette or La Mer.

Gibbstown, New...
Level Contributor
145 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

Thanks!

I'm thinking if the Grand isn't going to be Grand, or at least good, maybe we'll just stick with one of the other hotels we've used, which we found to be just fine.

Last year we had the space to spread out in The Buckingham's one bedroom 'ocean front' efficiency apartment. The ONLY thing we didn't like about it was no place to sit outside our room that afforded an ocean view...and sharing an outer entrance with the office. Other than that, I thought it was perfect. I don't mind things not being "state of the art" or up-to-date and fancy.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

last time i stayed there the wallpaper was peeling, just dowdy. wouldn't stay there again. have had good luck with the camelot which is a 1/2 block off the main ocean drag, but because a parkinglot is in front, you still have an ocean view. one bedroom efficiency was great for me and my sisters. there are plenty of smaller hotels that you should look at. I am just not a fan of the big hotels....

Gibbstown, New...
Level Contributor
145 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

Thank you for your view. Out dated doesn't bother me, but falling apart or dirty does.

My friend and I have stayed in Colton Court and The Buckingham. Both were fine...a little out-dated, but clean and had the efficiency and separate sleep areas we wanted.

My husband and I have stayed in The Camelot and we had a good ocean view from our 3rd floor room.

Avondale is very nice, but you can't cook there, stayed one night for the convenience to be with friends from North Jersey.

Years ago stayed in both The Victorian and Sea Crest, so I do have some experience.

It's just nice to hear from others.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,567 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

I think the Seacrest has thr best ocean views.

If I understand you correctly you would like to hotel room not a condo to share. Summer Station is very nice condotel.

Gibbstown, New...
Level Contributor
145 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

I have tried in past to contact Summer Station and got no reply from them so gave up. I both e-mailed and called. I would definitely consider staying there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

Another option worth looking into is thw Sandpiper. Have stayed in their third floor suites with two separate bedrooms and nice balcony.

Gibbstown, New...
Level Contributor
145 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Experiences With The Grand You'd Like to Share?

The Sandpiper is above our budget unfortunately. I have a feeling we'll go for the Buckingham again.