We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to the Courtyard Marriott fromJFK

Which East Rutherford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swindon
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to the Courtyard Marriott fromJFK

We are coming to see this years Wrestlemania at the MetLife and arriving at JFK on 5th April. There are 5 of us including 3 children aged 7-12. We are staying in the Marriot at Lyndhurst.

What is the best way to travel to and from the airport which won't cost me 2 arms and a leg!!!

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to the Courtyard Marriott fromJFK

Easiest: Either rent a car or get a car service..public transportation would be extremely hard.....how are getting from the hotel to Metlife?

Swindon
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to the Courtyard Marriott fromJFK

Thank you Susie, to be honest we are not too sure, though it doesn't look to far away it doesn't look walk able!! Hubby wants to see everything since I met him 17 years ago his dream was to go to New York, so this is close enough and he is worse than the kids with excitement!!

We have a bus pass that comes with our hotel package and we are hoping to make the most of these, but any advice regarding getting about would be great.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,719 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to the Courtyard Marriott fromJFK

Any way to change your flight to go into EWR which will make your life much easier?

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,719 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to the Courtyard Marriott fromJFK

You have a bus pass for what bus service? New Jersey Transit? For insterstate travel into NYC?

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to the Courtyard Marriott fromJFK

The best advise that I can give you is to change your flight to Newark and your hotel to one that has a shuttle to MetLife. Use taxis to get to and from hotel and airport.

Other possibility, change your hotel to one in Manhattan and take advantage of public transportation to get to MetLife Stadium. Both train and bus are generally available on major event days...

If you can't change flight and/or hotel, then rent a car and drive yourself to hotel and stadium.

Edited: 26 March 2013, 17:36
New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to the Courtyard Marriott fromJFK

There is no easy way to get to metlife from any hotel by foot because of the lack of sidewalks. You could take the air train into manhattan and take a bus to lynhurst, but once at the hotel you are stuck without a car. You would be better off staying in mahattan if you plan to be there alot.you can get a train or bus right to the stadium.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to the Courtyard Marriott fromJFK

I beleve that the area by the hotel is used for offsite parking, so there should be buses to and from the stadium. I agree with the others look at changing your flight to Newark.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to the Courtyard Marriott fromJFK

I see on Fodor's that you are now planning on spending two nights in Manhattan and then switching to the Fairfield Inn for the event at MetLife. it makes no sense to spend that third night in New Jersey. It will be much easier for you to get to the stadium by train or bus from NYC than to try and get there from a hotel in New Jersey.

9. Re: How to get to the Courtyard Marriott fromJFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 03:15