We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carlo's Bakery in December

Which Hoboken hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Carlo's Bakery in December

We're planning a trip to NYC in December 2011 and are planning on stopping at the bakery. I've read the lines can be 3 hours long...are the lines this long in the cold winter months as well?

Thanks!

garden state...
Level Contributor
171 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carlo's Bakery in December

yes. lines are always long, particularly wkends, holidays, sometimes you'll catch a break, but u never know when that'll be.

Nyc
Level Contributor
45 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carlo's Bakery in December

It depends on what day of the week you will be there. If you are planning on coming on the weekends before Christmas or during school vacation expect a line, but I doubt it will be 3 hours long that time of year- maybe just an hour or two.

The lines are especially long during the summer as people from all over the country come to visit the bakery. During the school months it is mostly tourists from Pa. NY, NJ and Ct.

I guess it's still cheaper than bringing your kids to Disney.

Edited: 02 September 2011, 05:14
Old Bridge, NJ
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carlo's Bakery in December

I would not waste my time waiting in line for Carlos Bakery. The cakes are not as fresh as you would expect and getting inside the bakery does not mean that you will see the members of the family featured on tv. If you just want to see it, walk by on the other side of the street and take photos.

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
602 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carlo's Bakery in December

Another option is his cafe in Discovery Times Square which is open daily from 1100am to 630pm. It is decorated really sweet and you can purchase baked good there, prices are high, but guess that is to be expected. Here is my link for a giveaway of his latest book on my blog:

nycstylelittlecannoli.com/2011/10/mohegan-su…

new jersey
Level Contributor
934 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carlo's Bakery in December

Agree w/ Wheaty, don;t see the attraction to Carlos Bakery (better places in NJ), the place is small, crowded, and the pasteries have gone downhill since he got famous.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carlo's Bakery in December

We went to the Bakery during the summer and timed it to be close to closing time. Went straight in to the bakery, had to wait once inside, but only a few minutes. Then went down the street to eat at Grimaldi's (SP) food was great.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carlo's Bakery in December

Go for sure!! It is a long waIt, but that is part of the fun. I beg to differ the pastries I got were wonderful, especially the lobster claws!!! Do not expect their famous coffee cake usually sold out daily. Anything you buy is worth the wait. We saw Mauro and two of the sisters. While waiting in line, some of the kids walked around back in the alley and saw the mom and the door was open. It is a fun adventure if you are with kids.

8. Re: Carlo's Bakery in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2013, 10:20