We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limo/Taxi recommendations JFK to Westin Jersey City?

wales
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Limo/Taxi recommendations JFK to Westin Jersey City?

Hi

Arriving at JFK in April at 8:30pm with my wife & 3 children, so I have decided to take a limo/Taxi service to my hotel - The new Westin in Jersey City.

The cheapest quote I've had is $108 (includes tax, gratuity & tolls) for a SUV from a company called Trinity Limo based in Hoboken. Has anybody used these guys? or can anybody recommend a limo company based in Jersey City?

Another option is to take a yellow mini van taxi at JFK, however I believe the likely charge would be $80 plus gratuity & tolls - similar price to the Limo quote I have had.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Mentioned in this post
Hoboken
Hoboken
New Jersey
Jersey City, NJ USA
Destination Expert
for Jersey City
Level Contributor
914 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limo/Taxi recommendations JFK to Westin Jersey City?

try these guys:

http://www.newportlimo.com/airport.htm

they quote $75 from JFK

wales
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limo/Taxi recommendations JFK to Westin Jersey City?

Thanks shadowsjc

Unfortunately, they quoted me $190.00 +toll + parking + 20% gratuity (vehicle type: van for 5 passengers)

So it looks like I'll be using Trinity Limo (Hoboken, NJ 07030) - although it would be good to get some feedback on the company.

Mentioned in this post
Hoboken
Hoboken
New Jersey
Lincolnshire, Uk
Level Contributor
71 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limo/Taxi recommendations JFK to Westin Jersey City?

I too will be arriving at JFK with my wife and 3 kids. only just started to look at transferes and that looks like a good deal. we are travelling late May so if you do not get any prior feedback and you are travelling before me i would appreciate your comments.

Jersey City, NJ USA
Destination Expert
for Jersey City
Level Contributor
914 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limo/Taxi recommendations JFK to Westin Jersey City?

108 + tax tip and tolls sounds about right. i read on another forum someone had a good experience with these guys:

https:/…

their cheapest rate to NJ seemed to be 78$, but im not sure if that also included tax/tip/tolls. also if you have alot of luggage, it might not fit in their smallest car (it's just a sedan).

the difference might wind up being 10 bucks or so.. so you might as well go with trinity limo.

wales
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limo/Taxi recommendations JFK to Westin Jersey City?

Just back from New York - Fantastic time!

Here's the info on our transfers

For the transfer from JFK to Jersey City we had a yellow cab (van) at the airport. Very well organised, just tell the dispatcher what type of cab you need & where you are going.

Was quoted $94, finally paid $100 including toll & tip.

For the return trip, we caught the PATH to WTC & flagged a cab (van). It took about 15 mins to find a van type cab & initially the driver refused to take us, he was worried about the number of passengers & suitcases - started to think this was a bad idea!

When he realised that there was only 2 adults with 3 children and we only had 3 suitcases, he agreed to take us.

He charged us $45 and I gave him a $9 tip.

Hopefully, this info is helpfull to someone - next time I think I'll try to fly to Newark airport.

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
6. Re: Limo/Taxi recommendations JFK to Westin Jersey City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 05:26