We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from EWR to Westin Jersey City

Which Jersey City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Driving from EWR to Westin Jersey City

Hi,

I'll be driving from EWR to the Westin Jersey City on a Friday afternoon around 4pm. How will traffic be at that time? What is the best route to get to the hotel? Are there any ways to back roads to avoid the holland tunnel traffic? Thanks.

Jersey City, NJ USA
Destination Expert
for Jersey City
Level Contributor
869 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from EWR to Westin Jersey City

Traffic will likely be heavy, but unless there's an accident it shouldn't be too bad. Maybe 30-40 mins from the time you leave the airport.

I would normally take route 1-9 north to the Pulaski Skyway, and then take that towards the Holland Tunnel. It's usually quicker than taking the NJ Turnpike, plus it's also a little shorter and toll free. Make sure to exit before you actually get in the Holland Tunnel - otherwise you'll end up in NYC!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from EWR to Westin Jersey City

Thanks for the advice. Do you think that's faster than taking the turnpike to christopher columbus drive? I'd like to try and avoid the holland tunnel traffic as much as possible.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from EWR to Westin Jersey City

I believe the 1-9 route will put you right into the Holland Tunnel traffic. I recommend the tpk to Columbus.

4. Re: Driving from EWR to Westin Jersey City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 12:18