We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian localities in Jersey City

Pune, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Indian localities in Jersey City

Hi,

I am relocating from Stamford to Jersey City and plan to stay in Jersey City for around 6/7 months.

Can anyone advise me of information regarding where do Indians prefer to locate?

Thanks,

Vimal

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,055 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Indian localities in Jersey City

I would look in the area in and around Edison, NJ. Many of my Indian and Pakistani colleagues live there. If you did not have kids of school age I'd

recommend Jersey City but that town does not have good schools.

Beyond that, quality of schools and ease of access generally depends on average income level. Are you looking to live where other people from India live or are you open to other aread

Piscataway, New...
Level Contributor
312 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Indian localities in Jersey City

I second the advice for Edison. I live in the next town over. Edison is made up of all different ethnicities but a lot of Indian people live there. In the heart of town there are a lot of Indian restaurants, clothing stores, food stores, etc. Metropark Train station is in Edison also. The train line goes right to Penn station (meaning there are stops but you don't have to switch lines).

There are also communities in Piscataway that are majority Indian, however, there are not a lot of Indian/Asian stores or restaurants in the town. I live in one of these communities (and the school system here and in Edison is good). If you want to know about where I live or the other areas in Piscataway, please e-mail me.

13. Re: Indian localities in Jersey City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2013, 10:37