We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PATH Question

Canada
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
PATH Question

I have read numerous posts on this forum, NYC stickies and both the PATH and NYC subway homepage but am still a bit confused.

I was under the impression that you can take the Newport PATH to Manhattan and get off at either 33rd St. or WTC. Then I thought to get anywhere in Manhattan you have to take their seperate subway system.

Now, I just read a post that gave the impression that the PATH can drop you off at many more points in Manhattan so you don't have to take the NYC subway system.

Can anyone please clarify which is correct? Also, if you DO have to get off at 1 of 2 stops the PATH takes you to are they in the same building as the trains for the subway?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: PATH Question

All you have to do is look at the system map

http://www.panynj.gov/path/

Canada
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PATH Question

I did look at various points on the PATH site before I posted but I'm still confused!

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,969 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PATH Question

Your first impression is correct though there are several other stops in before you get to 33rd, which is the northernmost terminus of PATH.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: PATH Question

The PATH to the WTC does not stop elsewhere in New York; the one to 33rd St does. They are two different lines, so make sure the one you take is headed to your intended destination. You may have to change trains. Once you get off at either station, there are several subway options. Where are you trying to get to? Maybe you should repost in the NYC forum, surely somewhere there can help you map out the best route.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PATH Question

Thanks guys! That makes sense!

6. Re: PATH Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2012, 10:17