We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W Hob?oken or W NY

Level Contributor
420 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
W Hob?oken or W NY

Hi there,

I am visiting NYC for 3.5 days and am staying in Hoboken. I would imagine we would do some day time activities and then go out some where nice in the evenings. Is it a big deal to travel back to Hoboken from NYC. We would be taking public transportation. Or should I just stay in NYC? I am getting a really good rate at the W Hoboken

Jersey City, NJ USA
Destination Expert
for Jersey City
Level Contributor
895 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: W Hob?oken or W NY

It's very easy to travel from Hoboken to NYC. From your hotel, it's only about 4 blocks to the PATH (subway) stop in Hoboken. From there, you take a subway train into NYC. You can be in NYC in about 15-20 minutes. Also, the trains run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so there shouldn't be an issue transportation-wise.

The W is a very nice hotel - I've stayed there in the past and if you can get a good rate, I would definitely stay there vs. staying in NYC. Good luck

Level Contributor
420 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: W Hob?oken or W NY

Thanks for your reply!

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,774 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: W Hob?oken or W NY

I personally would stay in NYC if that is what you want to see. There is so much to do in New Jersey. Here are a few links

www.visitnj.org

www.goironbound.com

www.njskylands.com

www.capemay.com

www.redbank.com

www.visitsouthjersey.com

www.stayinthemeadowlands.com\

www.shophaddonfieldnj.com/

www.funnewjersey.com/

www.wildwoodsnj.com

www.destinationmontclair.com

www.myjerseyshore.Com

www.destinationjerseycity.com

www.destinationtrenton.com

www.exit82.com

www.findsomerville.com

www.discoversalemcounty.com

www.glasstownartsdistrict.com

www.gocentraljersey.com

www.historicsmithvillenj.com

www.morristown-nj.org

www.newbrunswickrocks.com

www.njsouthernshore.com

www.lambertville.org

www.atlanticcitynj.com

www.goelizabethnj.com

www.mullicahill.com

www.asburyboardwalk.com

www.mainstreetmountholly.com

www.newbrunswick.com

www.ocnj.us

new jersey
Level Contributor
934 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: W Hob?oken or W NY

If your deal will save you good money, then stay there. Hoboken is very close to NYC.

The W is a good hotel and the PATH train ride into NYC is short. One cavaet I tell people not familiar with the PATH is that the sechedule changes a bit on weekends and after 11PM. Just make sure you get on the right train. The destinations are on the front and side of the trains.

Basically there are two lines out of Hoboken going into Manhatten; one takes you downtown near the WTC site, the other line takes you up towards 33rd st. w/ stops along the way on this train.

Here's a link to PATH trains.

www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html

Plenty to do in NYC. You'll have fu!

5. Re: W Hob?oken or W NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2013, 10:26