We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

would you reccomend staying in jersey city

dumfriesshire
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
would you reccomend staying in jersey city

Hi

I could do with some help, I am planning a trip for daughter (12), husband and myself to new York them tremblant, canada. we are planning on staying two nights in New York and will be flying into Newark. Would you recommend Jersey City to help cut costs and will we have sufficient time in NYC if we stay there, I looked at The Ramada Jersey City it look alright and have complimentary transport to and from the airport.

many thanks

jo

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: would you reccomend staying in jersey city

I'd stay at the Hyatt or the Marriott Courtyard.

Edited: 27 February 2012, 19:21
Jersey City, NJ USA
Destination Expert
for Jersey City
Level Contributor
887 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: would you reccomend staying in jersey city

The Ramada is an ok choice, but it's a little more of a "budget" hotel than many of the other hotels in Jersey City. Transportation from the airport will normally run around $30 or so; the fact that Ramada provides it free is a good deal.

You might also compare prices with the Courtyard or Hyatt (mentioned above) or the Doubletree suites, as all are near mass transit to take you into NYC.

Jersey City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: would you reccomend staying in jersey city

You can also save $$ by staying at a vacation rental in Jersey City. Just get a place near the PATH & getting to NY will be easy.

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r17105

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: would you reccomend staying in jersey city

You could also consider the W in Hoboken which is very nice, and a few short blocks to PATH train to Greenwich Village and Herald Square.

starwoodhotels.com/whotels/…

5. Re: would you reccomend staying in jersey city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:40