We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Jersey City to Newark International

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Topic
Westin Jersey City to Newark International

I am looking for advice on how to best get from the Westin in Jersey City to the airport. We are staying at the Westin for our last 2 night of a two trip to DC and NYC. Is there a train to the airport?

Thanks in advance

W

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,245 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Jersey City to Newark International

You're right near the Newport PATH station. Take PATH to Newark then transfer to a NJ Transit train to the Newark Airport Station and then Airtrain to EWR. It's easer than it may sounds --

Here's a map of how to get from your hotel to PATH http://goo.gl/maps/54CO

PATH system map: www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html -- note that you will have to transfer trains at Grove Street or Journal Square to a Newark train

NJ Transit: www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv…

You want to go from NEWARK PENN STATION (not New York Penn Station) to Newark Airport -- service is extremely frequent, like every 10 min

Airtrain: www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-to-from.html

The PATH fare is $2.00/person and the combined NJ Transit + Airtrain ticket is not more than $12.50 (it costs $12.50 to go to NYC, it should be less to get to Newark Penn Station, but I don't know the exact fare)

There's some more information here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28951-c175893/New-Je…

Edited: 08 July 2012, 19:22
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Jersey City to Newark International

Thanks a ton, I knew there had to be an easy way, I just could find it referenced anywhere, again thanks, and this is why I LOVE Tripadvisor!!

W

3. Re: Westin Jersey City to Newark International

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 06:16