We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Jersey City

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Driving to Jersey City

I am driving from Wisconsin to Jersey City next week. We will be driving into the city with a full size van pulling a 10' enclosed trailer. We are looking to go to 2nd street right on the river. What is the best (least congested way) into Jersey City in the early evening?

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,533 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Jersey City

With a trailer I dont think you can do the covered roadway. which direction are you coming from

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Jersey City

We will enter the area on I80. Also, the trailer is no taller than the van if that's the problem.

Edited: 06 August 2012, 06:20
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,533 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to Jersey City

from 80 I would take the turnpike to exit 14 for the bay extention to the end. Make a right at the last light before the holland tunnel. 2nd is off of there. Have you looked in to parking because parking just the van is going to be a pia yet alone a trailer to

Kenosha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving to Jersey City

There is a parking lot (a pay by the hour/day) directly across the street from our destination where I believe we can park. The people we are visiting are looking into that for us. Hopefully it will work out. Thanks for the advice!

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,533 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving to Jersey City

No problem.

6. Re: Driving to Jersey City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 08:17