We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

70 Greene Apartments - Jersey City, NJ to EWR

Madison, Mississippi
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
70 Greene Apartments - Jersey City, NJ to EWR

Greetings! I am flying out of EWR Monday, October 7th at 5:15PM. What would be the "easiest" and "cheapest" way to get from 70 Greene Apartments - Jersey City, NJ to EWR . I understand easy and cheap don't often go together. But I'm looking for some great advice.

Edited: 21 September 2013, 21:21
Madison, Mississippi
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 70 Greene Apartments - Jersey City, NJ to EWR

Do you think this will work...

Step One: Walking Directions to Exchange Place Path Station

1) Walk approx. 1 block on Greene St.

2) Turn right on Montgomery St.

3) Walk approx. 1 block on Montgomery St.

Step Two:

Depart : EXCHANGE PLACE PATH STATION

Board : Train/Subway toward Path WTC-Newark

Arrive : NEWARK PENN STATION

Step Three:

Depart : NEWARK PENN STATION

Board : Train 3853 toward TRENTON TRANSIT CENTER

Arrive : NEWARK AIRPORT RAILROAD STATION

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,637 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 70 Greene Apartments - Jersey City, NJ to EWR

Souds good

Somerville, NJ
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 70 Greene Apartments - Jersey City, NJ to EWR

That would work but I'd say focus on this (because the words above don't exactly match what you will see/hear when you make this trip) - from Greene Street you need to get on the PATH train going towards Newark. Get off at Newark Penn Station and then you need to take NJ Transit train to the Newark Airport stop. At different times of the day the different train routes will/will not stop at that station so double check with the conductor as you are getting on to be sure! The Northeast Corridor train almost always makes the stop so I'd look for that one - it also departs regularly unlike some others that only leave newark once an hour.

From the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor train you are only on for a few minutes before the Newark Airport station stop- get off there and take the Airport Airtrain (which is a monorail like at Disney) to the terminal you are flying out of.

It's a super easy trip actually and will cost about $10/$11 per person - depending on the train times it could take an hour or more to do the trip so plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time to get through security in Newark, especially if flying our of Terminal A - the security in that terminal is the worst!

As a comparison - a taxi would probably take about 25-30min and cost about $30 at a normal time of day but give that you are going at rush hour I'd double that for both time and cost :(

Mass transit is definitely the way to go on a weekday during rush hour!

4. Re: 70 Greene Apartments - Jersey City, NJ to EWR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:19